Custom Plates Update

Kaz

+1

Fully supporting. Sucks seeing plates like “FUCKU” that realistically wouldn’t be allowed. Technically, some administrators can tell players to choose a new plays if it’s like this, but having the system changed to feel more “immersive” would be nice.

• 4 months later...
On 3/3/2021 at 2:31 PM, Monster. said:

Implementing a filter that prohibits users from incorporating such terms on the UCP. This way, you'll be fixing the problem from its origin.

On 3/15/2021 at 6:07 AM, Nervous said:

We can just add a blacklist of insults/curse words to block from UCP yes

I believe that implementing a "filter system" or a "blacklist" will only tackle this problem partially because as we all know, there's no filter system that cannot be bypassed by someone with a strong will. 

A filter would disallow "ASSHOLE" as a plate but wouldn't block "A33H0LE" or 20 other variations with three Es, one A, and one O in the word, which can all be replaced by numbers in several permutations and combinations. 

On 3/10/2021 at 7:04 PM, Memozzy said:

whats wrong with “N0TAC0P” ? Nothing to my mind.

Additionally, what's wrong with this, honestly? It could actually be used to strike a fun conversation with a cop in-game. Moreover, what if my character chooses to drive a dark grey colored Vapid Torrence/Victor with a bullbar that replicates a PD detective's car and I want my contacts to not be vary of me being a cop or w/e? Because a cop won't have such plates. 

So I think it's more of a RP Quality issue for those who put such plates because "they" find it cool as a person, but it makes no sense for their character to be driving around with such plates. 

For those who buy a vehicle with such plates already installed, they always have the option to /report in-game to have it randomised. 

The only solution I see to this, is to have more vigilant and willing RPers and community members who report such instances if they believe the plates do not go well with the character, instead of going with the flow and laughing at the plates. 

Supported.

50 minutes ago, The.Godfather said:

Additionally, what's wrong with this, honestly?

Nothing, if a state would allow this in real life. If they wouldn't? Simple realism issue and as such shouldn't be allowed. I can't find a reason why it wouldn't be allowed by the California DMV (as an example), sources both here and here.

• Wuhtah locked this topic