911 Call Delay

xdthe

Brilliant thinking, I would love for this to be implemented but the delay should be good enough around 5-10 minutes. People don't realize how much of a big issue it is for all the illegal RP'ers.

Hopefully the Devs consider this.

Edited by Illusive
19 minutes ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Good thinking but on the other hand, it takes quite a bit longer for the person to type out the situation in 911 calls than voice. Maybe a randomized time between 5-20 seconds is acceptable, but anything above that would be way too long.

bro the entire map from paleto to the LS docks takes like 5/6 minutes to travel, and that's the response time for LAPD. So unless a cop is in paleto bay and drives all the way down they're not gonna have an accurate response time, 1 minute is a reasonable delay.

5 minutes ago, Pathway said:

bro the entire map from paleto to the LS docks takes like 5/6 minutes to travel, and that's the response time for LAPD. So unless a cop is in paleto bay and drives all the way down they're not gonna have an accurate response time, 1 minute is a reasonable delay.

I see your point but the LAPD seems overstaffed, I have seen people get surrounded by 10 cops for something as minor as Vehicular Endangerment. On second thought, 5 minutes seems sufficient.

Edited by Illusive

I’m all for supporting criminal roleplay, however I’m not sure if a call delay is needed. Realistically 911 dispatchers are typing out information and broadcasting as the call comes in. The delay there would be about 3-5 seconds (?), assuming they type it all out on the CAD as it’s happening. Then they broadcast it on the radio.

This isn’t really realistic.

34 minutes ago, Pathway said:

Is this a Los Angeles simulator? No. Let me quote another reply here.

Spoiler

If I take a real-life example, the LAPD has a ratio of one officer for every 433 residents, total the LAPD having around 9000 to 10000 sworn employees, for the WHOLE area of Los Angeles, that is being services at least, with the ratio being used available on the official LAPD website as specified above, the employees serve around 3,897,000 residents, which is about right according to 2016 which recorded a total of 3,976,322 City of Los Angeles residents, which is very much higher then the average of 600 to 700 players that we get.

Continuing further, let's select an average area that is services by the Los Angeles Police Department, such as the Central Area. COMPSTAT unit estimating around 842,700 residents living in the Central Bureau under which are five areas of operations maintained by the LAPD with one of them being the Central area, with the name giving off that it's a centralized position. If we are generous and say that each area has the same amount of residents, we come up with 168,540 residents in the Central Area which is simply an estimate. Taking that number into account, each Area operated by the LAPD has a Patrol Division assigned under it, which three Watches; morning, afternoon, and night each with the length being eight hours, counting up to twenty-four-hour coverage. Under each watch is an unspecified amount of Patrols, unsure if it's called that IRL, depending on the Area. BUT, only one Patrol is always on shift assigned to a watch, according to state-wide and LAPD data, an average watch has around 15 officers assigned to it, with the number being lower or higher depending on the area of operations and mainly crime-rate. If we look at all of that information, it tells us that for the Central Area15 officers are serving 842,700 residents; giving us a ratio of one officer for every 11,236 residents.

If we were to apply the data shown above to the server, with city-wide data provided by the Los Angeles Police Department, we would require around two officers for the population of 700 people on the server, taking in the Central Area data, that number would drop to one, or if specific mathematically needed, 0.08899 officers. Currently, at the peak where around 700 people are on the server, we have anything between 20 to 40 LEOs online, meaning that the ratio of law enforcement to players if we say that the average for 700 people is 30 law enforcement, it's one officer per 23 players. Very far from city-wide data of one officer for every 433 residents and VERY far from our estimate of one officer for every 11,236 residents for the Central Area. 

The crime rate in Los Santos is on a completely different realm compare to any city in real life. And LEO's are the only thing that's controlling the crimes IC'ly. You want cops to simulate Los Angeles, then criminals should also simulate Los Angeles crime rates. There's no way that we can simulate Los Angeles on this server without some stupid OOC limits that prevents roleplay.

Shorter response time is is the thing that makes it a more fair play between legal and illegal roleplayers. If everyone can get away with robberies because cops take 10 minutes to arrive, God knows what this server's gonna become.

Edited by QuadTurboW16
  • Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic
  • mj2002 unlocked this topic