Timezones / Server Time

ZaE

So I am wondering if anyone feels the same, how do you all feel about the way time on the server is set up? I know personally I find a little annoyance in the fact that no one is really ever on during the day hours and then everyone is on during the night hours, I don't have a HUGE problem with it to the point I wanna like grab a pitch fork and run at people's necks but, I just really wanted to know if I was the only one that was even slightly bugged at the way time is set up?

2 hours ago, ZaE said:

So I am wondering if anyone feels the same, how do you all feel about the way time on the server is set up? I know personally I find a little annoyance in the fact that no one is really ever on during the day hours and then everyone is on during the night hours, I don't have a HUGE problem with it to the point I wanna like grab a pitch fork and run at people's necks but, I just really wanted to know if I was the only one that was even slightly bugged at the way time is set up?

Thats weird. I always see more activity during the ingame afternoon/evening than the ingame night and morning. Being a nolifer that basicly plays on all these moments, I can speak from expirience that its a lot harder to actively find RP during night and morning.

Time is fine how it is. It used to be GMT+1 if Im not mistaken and people (including me) raised hell about it, because a lot of people are affected with their roleplay. Due to houserules, I don't play longer than 11:30pm local time on regular work days. This previous timezone, taking into account the summertime and wintertime changes in the Netherlands, made it impossible for me to DJ in club openings in the summer. RIP RP for me.

The current timezone is fine. We don't need an other shake up of the times that will impact hundreds of players.

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
2 hours ago, ThomasNoman said:

Yeah, but it's probably best to set the in-game time matching OOC time because people come back from school / work in evening. Also, ICly, during the day, usual daily routine of people would be working, etc, so I think it's reasonable to set in-game time to evening—night during active hours.

Funny you mention that, one of my character's friends is an ULSA student. And they had classes at 8PM, which I personally found really weird.
I enjoy evening/nighttime RP, however, I wish we'd have the opportunity to have full server during the day.

But if it is most active during the day, the evenings will have much less activity. So RIP nightclubs etc, no matter which way you put it someone will feel left out. We could have time ingame move at double speed but I think that creates more problems than it solves.

Keep it like it is, it's good enough.

• mj2002 locked this topic