Sought-After Characters

Bluenose

1 hour ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

That's what I was thinking when I saw the new group system implemented but things have fizzled out for the most part, people either moving on from homelessness or just outright quitting.

At this point from how things have turned out IC it'd be more a group of anarchists than anything else but hey, that's also an interesting idea if it's done well. 👀

👀

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, DLimit said:

Legal characters intermingling with illegal characters as locals within these communities that are over-saturated with narcotics dealers and gang-bangers.

We've some ideas that are a little different on how we can maybe get some illegal RPers involved in some RP that would be appealing to them along this kind of theme, so stay tuned! ❤️

I always wanted to start a really simple motorcycle club that is only about getting together on certain days to ride together. Not for racing, or to show off, or be a gang, or anything like that -- just some easy riding. Meet up somewhere, determine a path, enjoy the trip itself, then meet up again at the end at a business to hang out or something. You can use the radio script as built-in helmet comms so as to still be chatting and role-playing while riding, too. It's something I used to do with a friend on my current character in the past, and it feels very appropriate for her to do again in her current age and with her history, but my depression keeps me down, and I worry my activity just means it'd die very quickly, or that I'd be dumping the responsibility of it to somebody else. 

Characters that actually have flaws to them! Tired of seeing Tony spaghetti, the badass 6'6 250 pound mafia member with a perfect set of abs, daily drives a kawaii, owns 2 businesses and extorts others on the side. Oh and did I mention he knows 16 languages?

Obviously full exaggerated but u get the idea. I get it. It's a game and it's more fun playing a character with a lot of positives and almost no negatives. But it's super cliche at this point. Obviously I'm not pointing out everyone I've seen some really well made characters but it's definitely something worth mentioning.

Edited by Juicebox.

Magick.

Seriously, I wanna see some new age types. It's faux LA, I'm surprised I haven't been consistently running into people trying to convince me that crystals will help with my character's chakras.

And beyond that, California IRL is home to a suite of initiatory occult societies such as the Ordo Templi Orientis, the Order of Luxur, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, and hell - you even have the Grand Masonic Lodge of California, which in this case would just be the Lodge of San Andreas. It's niche as all hell, but would be neat to see. 

On 1/21/2021 at 7:29 AM, Wirbelwind said:

I'd like to see more characters like Lola Betancourt. Just pure chaotic energy.

With that said, homeless characters would be more fun to interact with, but I understand just how tedious playing one can be since players tend to shower your character in gifts.

I've found that openly shooting up in front of them ends this pretty quickly.