How does someone get out of extortion?

caballero

5 minutes ago, Briutas said:

Don't call bullshit things you have no idea about.

It's not secret that police does not investigate some factions because of their sub-par RP.

DsAQqsU.png

Lmfao, that’s not at all what you implied. So they got a-jailed, that’s good because you made it sound like people are literally ignoring rule breaking because it’s too much effort. DM factions also tend to not survive at all. 

8 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Dont bother - the opposing party is a known the 20s-30s extortion guy.

I’m a known the 20s-30s extortion guy? I know there’s a typo there, but could you be any more toxic? You’re already coming at it like it’s a party v party fight. Or should I just tell you I’ve never extorted anyone? 

5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Lmfao, that’s not at all what you implied. So they got a-jailed, that’s good because you made it sound like people are literally ignoring rule breaking because it’s too much effort. DM factions also tend to not survive at all. 

Why don't you elaborate on what you think I implied?

10 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I just did

Little advice for when you start secondary school, when you are asked to elaborate on a subject at hand you are being asked to present something in further detail. If you simply reply with 'I just did' you won't get good grades.

33 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

Dont bother - the opposing party is a known the 20s-30s extortion guy.

I'll take your advice.

Edited by Briutas
1 minute ago, Briutas said:

Little advice for when you start secondary school, when you are asked to elaborate on a subject at hand you are being asked to present something in further detail. If you simply reply with 'I just did' you won't get good grades.

You’re either struggling with anger management, a bad attitude or just a bad day. Either way, there’s absolutely no reason to take it out on other people. You clearly aren’t open to a conversation, which is your prerogative. Pardon my inquisitive nature, I hope the rest of your day goes better. 

• Applaud 1

Lets not discard people's perception of how RP has gone down. At least try to give your own side to give insight. I think it's clear this will not get this topic anywhere.

I haven't read much on the criminal side and what they want to improve, do you think it's all up to par? Clearly a law is missing, which would cause there to be more repercussions when caught. Provided there's capacity in law enforcement to investigate and prosecute, would you welcome this or not?

• Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Briutas said:

Sure. But the fact that criminals don't care at all about the risks themselves because the punishment is 2 days in jail and the detectives drop investigation OOC'ly due to unrealism and bullshit such as the criminal group shooting multiple people in the middle of a town is simply not fair to the person being extorted. 

See, this is something I've asked now a couple of times on the extortion "guide". My question was whether, since it seems that there are no real in-game mechanisms to impose harsh sanctions on extorters, extorters should nevertheless RP that the police and DA's office have the power to do so - you know, like these organizations do in reality. I then asked whether that reality should form part of the extorter's risk-reward analysis to determine whether or not they'd extort a business owner they're sure is just going to call the police. 

Like the majority of IRL business owners who are approached by some random stranger making theats against their life and livelihood would.

No prizes for guessing how the pro-extortion people I asked the question to responded. 

Yet on the other hand, they're quite keen on me RPing fear and rolling over to comply - because, realistic character portrayal.

🤔

Edited by Greyfeather
  • Upvote 1
  • effion locked this topic