difficult experience with GTA World

Rodrick Sharpe

5 hours ago, xdthe said:

834a331801fa79c68f9da3571e3a3d27.png
just gonna leave this here, you randomly came up to a group of gang members asking for help, and you got ignored in RP obviously.

Not trying to come off as rude though, as everyone was new to RP at some point. This server isn't as bad as you make it out to be, take time to explore it and don't let you being robbed IC ruin the experience!

didn't know you were gang members oops just ran to the nearest people to where I got robbed

2 hours ago, Bauer said:

I'd recommend you read some RP guides. Not sure why everyone is ganging up on this guy who's clearly new and isn't experienced. However, if you're looking for a "cops and robbers" type thing here, this isn't the server for you. Like I said though, I'd read up on some RP guides if you're genuinely interested in staying (although with all the toxicity on this thread I'm not sure that you'll want to stay).

small edit: I'd also recommend reading some guides about grammar. I had an interaction with you and you weren't using much grammar or anything in your sentences.

These are a few guides that I think are pretty helpful for newcomers. 🙂

perfect thank you, i have real trouble typing fast, I always misspell and mistype, Is it better to type slowly and correctly, or fast and realistically? I kept getting told to hurry when i was using /me and other commands

1 minute ago, Rodrick Sharpe said:

perfect thank you, i have real trouble typing fast, I always misspell and mistype, Is it better to type slowly and correctly, or fast and realistically? I kept getting told to hurry when i was using /me and other commands

I would rather have a slow typer. You don't need to write a novel for /me's either. As long as it achieves the same thing and its not overly long? You can shorten it. 

This pure looks like a scene out of old school SARP on samp people ramming each other and selling guns at Idle-wood stacks 😆

On a serious note mate, keep your chin up, It takes a while to settle in and once you find a little clique to RP with your fine after that, like a first day at a new job or school or whatever, find your feet and dont go balls deep.

33 minutes ago, Le Englishman said:

On a serious note mate, keep your chin up, It takes a while to settle in and once you find a little clique to RP with your fine after that, like a first day at a new job or school or whatever, find your feet and dont go balls deep.

Agreed. I hated it at first because I really struggled to learn the basics and find my footing but once I found my people IG, they helped me to learn the game better and everything turned around for me.

OP: Just view your current character as a starter character.  Concern yourself with learning all the basics right now so that you can eventually find the right group of people to RP with regularly.  And be prepared for some growing pains while both you and your character learn about life in GTAW/Los Santos.

Edited by Taina
  • Upvote 1

As GTAW is a heavy role-play server, a lot of new players can find everything they have to learn overwhelming and due to their frustrations don't always differentiate the player from the character wielding the gun. It may be enjoyable for the robbers, but how many actually make it enjoyable for the victims too? Very few I daresay. Granted being new shouldn't be an automatic safety net, but it should certainly afford a little more patience and encouragement. It's also possible you were talking to the wrong people in the wrong area. 

Whilst people indeed should be patient with you, you also have to remember that not everyone is out to get you. Look at where and how you approach things and if there's anything you might be able to change so people are more responsive to your role-play.

That said, there's a lot of good guides you can find on the forum that'll help you figure out some of the basics and point you in the right direction. If you're also stuck with what you want to role-play, you're more than welcome to contact RP Quality Management who can help you with character ideas, concepts etc. They're not just there to deal with problematic players.

I hope these experiences don't dissuade you from role-playing here too much though, once you get over the initial learning curve it really is worth the effort. 

I'm going to go ahead and lock the thread as it's quite likely to be a magnet for trouble and unhelpful answers, though I'd like to thank those who have made an effort to help the guy rather than belittle him. We were all new once.