difficult experience with GTA World

Rodrick Sharpe

1 minute ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

Cause usually AND realistically, you wouldnt go looking for trouble or set foot in areas your character knows is trouble.

I didn't get robbed until recently and I'm 400+ hours into my playtime. If you got robbed, you went looking to get robbed.

I didn't know those areas were trouble, its right next to my job, and I definitely didn't go looking to get robbed, I got in a car of these guys I was talking too and they drove me away and robbed me. How was I to know that NO ONE on the server is friendly/

Just now, Rodrick Sharpe said:

I didn't know those areas were trouble, its right next to my job, and I definitely didn't go looking to get robbed, I got in a car of these guys I was talking too and they drove me away and robbed me. How was I to know that NO ONE on the server is friendly/

People are friendly OOC. You forget there is a difference between OOC and IC. People aren't going to break character and be nice to you just because you're new. Realistically would you get into someones car who you didn't know? I wouldn't. Would you look for work in a rough neighbourhood? I wouldn't.

You should have used GTA Vs story mode to map out where to avoid (in the story, Davis is known to have gangs etc. So realistically, you'd avoid).

1 minute ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

People are friendly OOC. You forget there is a difference between OOC and IC. People aren't going to break character and be nice to you just because you're new. Realistically would you get into someones car who you didn't know? I wouldn't. Would you look for work in a rough neighbourhood? I wouldn't.

You should have used GTA Vs story mode to map out where to avoid (in the story, Davis is known to have gangs etc. So realistically, you'd avoid).

No but I thought they would be helpful to someone robbed, no one said anything and drove off. I guess I should've, i haven't played story mode in probably 4 years, do I have to play though it again to understand this server?

4 minutes ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

also i went to work garbage cuz its the only job marked on the map aside from trucking (need license) and farming (too far away)

5 minutes ago, Rodrick Sharpe said:

No but I thought they would be helpful to someone robbed, no one said anything and drove off. I guess I should've, i haven't played story mode in probably 4 years, do I have to play though it again to understand this server?

The idea is the lore of the server follows the GTA Lore. Like everything is lore friendly. 

In relation to your other question. Did you not do the tutorial or hire a rental? You could have easily got your license that way by taking the rental car the tutorial gives you, ignoring the tutorial and going to the DMV marked on the map. Or, sticking with the tutorial and reading it (it gives proper insight into how the server works) where it would eventually take you to the farming job.