difficult experience with GTA World

Rodrick Sharpe

1 minute ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

This is a heavy roleplay server. 

Theres obvious places you'd avoid because of a higher rate of being scammed/robbed/attacked. It's common sense really. You didn't have a bad experience, I'd just chalk it down to inexperience of the GTAWorld dynamic of what kinda of RP happens where.

what kind of obvious places are those? i just ran around to find people near where i got robbed

1 minute ago, Rodrick Sharpe said:

I got robbed 2 hours in, no one would even respond to me and police didn't do anything, of course I wanted a gun?

so you thought the smartest choice was run around Los Santos a/k/a Los Angeles asking random people for a gun? yeah i'm really not surprised you got scammed man

1 minute ago, Rodrick Sharpe said:

what kind of obvious places are those? i just ran around to find people near where i got robbed

Davis, Strawberry, Rancho...To name a few.. You aren't gonna wanna carry huge amounts of money or go up to someone and say you want a gun outright around. It's common sense.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
Just now, Rodrick Sharpe said:

I got robbed 2 hours in, no one would even respond to me and police didn't do anything, of course I wanted a gun?

Well number one, be realistic. You wouldn't go into a random hood asking people for guns saying you'll pay for it. That's asking to get robbed/scammed. Use proper grammar when you speak in game as well. Also you wouldn't return to an area you got shot at to try the same thing that got you shot in the first place.

3 minutes ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

This is a heavy roleplay server. 

Theres obvious places you'd avoid because of a higher rate of being scammed/robbed/attacked. It's common sense really. You didn't have a bad experience, I'd just chalk it down to inexperience of the GTAWorld dynamic of what kinda of RP happens where and how to behave from looking at other comments. Like comn, running up to people outright asking for a gun?

where else do I get a gun? going up to people and asking them is the only way I can figure out anything on the server

Just now, Rodrick Sharpe said:

where else do I get a gun? going up to people and asking them is the only way I can figure out anything on the server

Wait like everyone else does and apply for a CCW if you're going to be a legal character or y'know. Act like you would in real life when asking someone to buy a gun instead of 'Hey got a gun I can buy?' - you wouldnt say that to someone. Again, common sense.

1 minute ago, KoishiKomeiji said:

Davis, Strawberry, Rancho...To name a few.. You aren't gonna wanna carry huge amounts of money or go up to someone and say you want a gun outright around. It's common sense.

don't know where those are but I will look them up thank you. how else do i get a weapon for protection/ they don't steal them at store, and can't get a license for 34 more hours

Just now, KoishiKomeiji said:

Wait like everyone else does and apply for a CCW if you're going to be a legal character or y'know. Act like you would in real life when asking someone to buy a gun instead of 'Hey got a gun I can buy?' - you wouldnt say that to someone. Again, common sense.

well my initial plan was to wait but i got robbed so i wanted one immediately, to stop it happening again. 

2 minutes ago, Rodrick Sharpe said:

don't know where those are but I will look them up thank you. how else do i get a weapon for protection/ they don't steal them at store, and can't get a license for 34 more hours

Cause usually AND realistically, you wouldnt go looking for trouble or set foot in areas your character knows is trouble.

I didn't get robbed until recently and I'm 400+ hours into my playtime. If you got robbed, you went looking to get robbed.

Edited by KoishiKomeiji
4 minutes ago, Sacred said:

so you thought the smartest choice was run around Los Santos a/k/a Los Angeles asking random people for a gun? yeah i'm really not surprised you got scammed man

its pretty easy to get a gun in LA IRL if you find the right person, i picked some people i thought would be drug/gun sellers