Dispatch Communications Division

Biscuit

Short description:

A very short TLDR of this suggestion is that this suggestion acts as a duo between a suggestion to the LSPD and to the development team to embed a Dispatch Communications Division into the server.

Detailed description:

WHAT?: 

So, as briefly explained above, this suggestions would act as a duo suggestion between the faction of the Los Santos Police Department to add a body into their department to act as the Dispatch Communications Division and a suggestion to the development team to revamp all current dispatching systems into a more realistic one and and add a couple more things, since this suggestion acts as a duo two-way suggestion between the faction aaaand the development department, I'll separate what exactly I am asking for in this suggestion.

DEVELOPMENT SUGGESTIONS:

• Revamp the current 911 call system to support two cases.
    • First case would be to support active dispatchers that are active 911 call-takers, these dispatchers would answer 911 calls and talk to the people involved in reporting crimes. Calls made would show up to active dispatchers in the same way that the current 707 number does. A 911 dispatcher would then call back the caller and ask for their emergency.
      • A dispatcher has the ability to open/close lines at any time, this makes it possible for them to keep with the up-flow of 911 calls if they are in an active call or if they are actively call-taking. If the lines are closed, it automatically defaults down to the second case.
    • The second case would be If a dispatcher is not actively on duty, the system works the same way as it currently works.
  • Create a central communications panel that can communicate to all agencies through one website/panel.
    • This includes incident generation, assigning units, giving units call-signs, ability to view where units are, ability to see who is busy and who isn't and so on.
  • A *possible* radio system revamp as a result of the complications between agencies communicating directly with dispatch, this can have a tendency to clog up the multi-department system and the amount of messages made,

FACTION SUGGESTIONS:

• The factions have to abandon their current way of dealing with dispatchers and how they have their current dispatching systems setup. They then have to sit together and discuss out a plan which will support all departments and their needs for a dispatching system.
    • Discuss, not argue, this is to make the lives of everyone easier, some people want to play as JUST dispatchers and nothing else, it would keep radios more clean and it would keep city resources spread-out.
    • A possible implementation of 10-codes and the usage of 10-codes, this would mainly only apply to LEO factions as the Fire Department doesn't use 10 codes and benefit from 10-codes, however, this would have huge benefit to the LEO factions.
  • Create, either a new faction or a division within an active faction.
    • Currently, the LAPD have a Communications Division within their department, hence, I think it would only be logical to add a Communications Division to the LSPD, however:
      • This should be available for Civilians to apply for (Civilian Employment) as that is how it works IRL, there is no need to make the system private for only officers, however, it should also be available for officers if they so choose.
    • If a faction is created, the faction should work with representatives of every single department to assist with the issues brought up in the faction, this way the independent faction can make unison decisions for this suggestion.

WHY?:

It's simple, I have previously roleplayed on DOJRP, and whilst it's a voice-server, it also has a chance to work in GTA:W and implement a very sufficient and extensive dispatching system, I would see myself 100% applying for a dispatching system if one were to be implemented, this has a huuuuge roleplay bonus and would also solve some other issues in the server, such as:

• Call prioritization and escalation - A call can change priority at any second, a simple argument can turn deadly in a matter of seconds, that's why talking to a dispatcher would be beneficial for the server.
  • Suicide Calls - These aren't gonna be such an issue anymore as one of the arguments would be that a 911 dispatcher would keep the person talking before help arrived, this also gives the chance for dispatchers to keep talking to the victim as they send officers to the call.
  • Status of Police Arrival - One issue is that sometimes police don't arrive for a couple of minutes, this makes the caller agitated and call 911 more then once, only cramping up the amount of 911 calls for one singular scene. Whilst a Dispatcher can in this case help calm the person.

WHAT ARE THE CONS?:

• Lots and lots of work, readjustment and re-training, this stuff would have to have MAJOR changes for stuff to be sufficient and work in the favor of the community rather then releasing something half-assed that only causes pain.
  • Dispatching work can be overwhelming at first, which means people can get put off by it at their first experience, however, dispatching would slowly come to a normal sense as soon as people get used to it.
  • No dispatchers active means the departments have to implement edge cases where self-dispatching mode is active, DOJRP has a really well-made system for this, where officers basically react to calls and stuff the way they currently do on the server on GTA:W, basically, we have to add-on the dispatching system in case a dispatcher is active.
  • There will most likely be departmental pushback, not everyone will come to an agreement and as a result, people won't be 100% satisfied with to the issues brought up by departments.

Commands to add:

• /ondutydispatch - for dispatchers
  • /911openlines - to open 911 call lines for dispatchers
  • /911closelines - defaults to the self-dispatching mode for officers
  • /dispatch - opens the in-game CAD/MDT panel for dispatchers

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Explained Above

Additional information: This is very important: I like pie.

• Upvote 6

I would totally work as a dispatcher if this was the case. I was going to ask what if there was no dispatchers available, but I read on. Pretty solid, would like to see something like this in works, just hope everyone is able to adjust to it *if* it was added.

I'm a dispatcher on a FiveM server (MidwestRP), and I love it. You have to manage units and send them appropriately to each situations with a lot of tools including Live Map (Show units' location), Computer Aided Dispatch, to attach units and create calls with details, ETC.

I would love to see it here but I'm unsure how efficient it will be though due to this server being text-based.

Edited by ThomasNoman
Just now, KinnyWynny said:

I’m confused, is this suppose to be implemented for the LSPD only or all three agencies?

As in real life, my suggestion is that it would be implemented into the LSPD as a division, however, it would interact with all three agencies (911 call centers are usually a branch within the city's main police department and they have full control over fire / EMS / Police deployment)

Another suggestion is to seperate it into it's own faction.

The LSSD has their own system for deputies to be able to roleplay as a dispatcher if they want. Right now, we do not have anything set in stone for civilians. If there are civilians interested, they can hit me up and we can talk about it. The system that we have right now works and we recently got a new addition for dispatching and unit management. I'd rather want to try that addition and expand on that, then creating a whole new system.