Everything being a bar

Mahiko

Not that I entirely disagree, some things can only be adapted so much.  But also some of the store fronts (Which is the static factor we cannot change)  depict stores that gameplay wise we cant really make.  But something like a clothes shop that cant be player ran effectively and there is a lot of on the map, can be adapted to something that is more functional to the server and promotes RP. 

An example being my business, it's Mini-Retro in mirror park which I think is a vintage clothing store, but was not unreasonable to adapt into a comic book store.  

4 minutes ago, JD123 said:

Not that I entirely disagree, some things can only be adapted so much.  But also some of the store fronts (Which is the static factor we cannot change)  depict stores that gameplay wise we cant really make.  But something like a clothes shop that cant be player ran effectively and there is a lot of on the map, can be adapted to something that is more functional to the server and promotes RP. 

An example being my business, it's Mini-Retro in mirror park which I think is a vintage clothing store, but was not unreasonable to adapt into a comic book store.  

There's a big difference to taking example some of the major star-bucks esque brands, and McDonalds look-alikes and making them into bars versus what you've done which is completely arguable to be RP.

Just now, Mahiko said:

There's a big difference to taking example some of the major star-bucks esque brands, and McDonalds look-alikes and making them into bars versus what you've done which is completely arguable to be RP.

Agreed.  I think i'm with you.  Stores inspired by IRL chains that dont sell booze, should not sell booze.

1 minute ago, Mahiko said:

Many stores like clothing store get converted to other stores, but yea' in-game brands of fast food should not be made into fancy restaurants

4 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Maybe they should reconsider some regulations when it comes to licensing, that’s something they can do IC. Other than that it’s just business owners adapting to the demand and adapting to whatever is profitable. 

That's far from realistic, if we get regulated OOCly on everything else they might as well start with the shoddy business ideas. Else there has to be a free market on businesses like there is on housing and by then the server would explode.

5 minutes ago, Mahiko said:

That's far from realistic, if we get regulated OOCly on everything else they might as well start with the shoddy business ideas. Else there has to be a free market on businesses like there is on housing and by then the server would explode.

I meant more having it so that certain license combinations wouldn’t be endorsed so easily. But this is really just a product of people owning a business, discovering there’s absolutely no demand for a fast food restaurant and then opting to serve a bar like environment. That’s how I see it anyway, I’d like for some of the business owners to offer their insights and reasons. I don’t  think it’s a problem, it offers roleplay and most people don’t think too much about it

I'm currently opening a gastropub themed as a brewery. We hired a kitchen staff of 5 people including an executive chef, a sous chef, a baker, and a salad/produce chef, as well as various front of house staff. We also do not roleplay having a full bar and only serve beers or from our whiskey collection. 

Unfortunately, our roleplay of creating a heavy roleplayed full-dining experience focused on highly detailed kitchen roleplay has been hindered by Property Management when we applied for a restaurant script. They denied us saying we're only allowed to have a bar/nightclub script. An opening of the restaurant costs me $60,000 in wages on average, and the restaurant is lucky to make $5,000 in sales/tips because we're not charging entrance fees or VIP like actual bars/nightclubs. For those who don't know, the major difference between a bar/nightclub script and a restaurant script is that the bar/nightclub script doesn't allow your employees to automatically be paid by the script, but restaurants do. 

There are people trying to break the mold of every single business in the game being a bar, but PM needs to work with us to do so. Currently, I'm continuing to run the gastropub at a massive loss to me because I care about the roleplay and the people involved in the project are still excited for it, but it's really hard and demotivating when you try to bring something unique and deep to the server and it gets shoved back in your face. 

4 minutes ago, Ink said:

I'm currently opening a gastropub themed as a brewery. We hired a kitchen staff of 5 people including an executive chef, a sous chef, a baker, and a salad/produce chef, as well as various front of house staff. We also do not roleplay having a full bar and only serve beers or from our whiskey collection. 

Unfortunately, our roleplay of creating a heavy roleplayed full-dining experience focused on highly detailed kitchen roleplay has been hindered by Property Management when we applied for a restaurant script. They denied us saying we're only allowed to have a bar/nightclub script. An opening of the restaurant costs me $60,000 in wages on average, and the restaurant is lucky to make $5,000 in sales/tips because we're not charging entrance fees or VIP like actual bars/nightclubs. For those who don't know, the major difference between a bar/nightclub script and a restaurant script is that the bar/nightclub script doesn't allow your employees to automatically be paid by the script, but restaurants do. 

There are people trying to break the mold of every single business in the game being a bar, but PM needs to work with us to do so. Currently, I'm continuing to run the gastropub at a massive loss to me because I care about the roleplay and the people involved in the project are still excited for it, but it's really hard and demotivating when you try to bring something unique and deep to the server and it gets shoved back in your face. 

I'm pretty sure there's a variation of the bar script with createitem? However on wages there's not much to do, there was a big amount of abuse on the 4k paychecks hence why they've been removed ?