Everything being a bar

Mahiko

3 hours ago, Late said:

I am speaking for my old Chipotle, in Sacramento, California. It serve(d) beer when I was last there in 2016. 

I am not loosing my mind... here is a picture I found off of google maps of my Chiptole dated December 2019, that fridge on the right you can clearly see bottles of corona in the fridge. Maybe MY chiptole was an exception to the rule but there you have it!

1bfe7f0f1aabbdbee35f2d81384cb71f.jpg

Exactly, but that's the thing. Some of them sell beer, maybe cider, not all of them, and nothing strong. You can't go to Chipotle and buy whiskey but in-game, you can go to a coffee shop and grab some Tequila because why not? There's Italian fine-dining restaurants with actual bars built inside, like... I may have visited the wrong restaurants but when the place sells 3 types of dishes, each $500, you probably can't order coke and jack. 

On 12/5/2020 at 2:26 AM, Tempesto said:

Exactly, but that's the thing. Some of them sell beer, maybe cider, not all of them, and nothing strong. You can't go to Chipotle and buy whiskey but in-game, you can go to a coffee shop and grab some Tequila because why not? There's Italian fine-dining restaurants with actual bars built inside, like... I may have visited the wrong restaurants but when the place sells 3 types of dishes, each $500, you probably can't order coke and jack. 

Fine-dining places sell alcohol, all the time. However, it shouldn't function as a bar. Instead, it should be ordered with your meal and then served in a glass, like in real life upper-scale dining places. I can enter an Asian Buffet or Italian restaurant, right now, and order a glass of wine or cocktail with my meal in North-America.

Edited by DLimit
On 12/5/2020 at 2:26 AM, Tempesto said:

There's Italian fine-dining restaurants with actual bars built inside, like... I may have visited the wrong restaurants but when the place sells 3 types of dishes, each $500, you probably can't order coke and jack. 

I've been to quite a few fine dining restaurants that had full-service bars. It's not so surprising. Some people like to go in after work and have a nice glass of wine at the bar without having to sit down at a table, but still enjoy the ambience of an upscale place rather than a dingy bar. I'm one of those people 👋 lol. Sure, the bar space is usually much smaller than the dining area, but its still a full-service bar. Don't see anything wrong with that.

Edited by Juicebox