The problem with gang roleplayers in rich areas

VikoMKD

1 minute ago, Marksman said:

I have no sympathy for faction leaders who have to go through their members and figure out who the shitters are. The sympathy goes for those who have to deal with these people frequently because some bangers wandered into the next block where the property market is five times their own.

There is also a massive fucking difference between wandering from the low income gangland areas of Davis into low income gangland areas of Ranch and wandering from the little low income gangland areas of Vespucci into the high income areas of Vespucci. 

That's cute, but it's also wrong. If you live in one part of Vespucci, the whole area does not suddenly become yours.

Okay? Bro with that mindset what’s the point of even making this thread... complaining without helping the community identify these fail role players is a lost cause bro. I get that it’s more of the faction leaders responsibility but would it not make everyone’s life easier? 

Edited by xdthe
4 minutes ago, Marksman said:

I have no sympathy for faction leaders who have to go through their members and figure out who the shitters are.

First of all bro, what?

What you don't realize is that alot of this shit happens under faction leaders' noses lol. I had to close my previous fac because a bunch of players who were RPing with us were doing stupid shit while I was asleep, but never while I was either online or ingame. It's quite laughable that you expect faction leaders (Who are humans too) to be able to mindread an entire community and find out who's doing the wrong thing in their faction, it makes 0 sense. That's like me blaming PD's leadership because their faction has a few fucking cockheads in it. It's unfair to the highest level.

5 minutes ago, Marksman said:

The sympathy goes for those who have to deal with these people frequently because some bangers wandered into the next block where the property market is five times their own.

And those people you have soooo much sympathy for will continue to be messed with frequently because you fail to realize that most faction leaders with their heads screwed on right wouldn't approve of what their members are doing. I legitimately kicked 2 people from my fac after I realized they were going around starting shit and otherwise not contributing shit. We're faction leaders bro, not mind readers. We can't take action against shit members without being informed of what they're doing, cause we don't see EVERYTHING.

7 minutes ago, Marksman said:

There is also a massive fucking difference between wandering from the low income gangland areas of Davis into low income gangland areas of Ranch and wandering from the little low income gangland areas of Vespucci into the high income areas of Vespucci. 

If you were a gang member in a shitty part of a neighbourhood, would you rob people living in the same shitty conditions as you, or would you prefer to rob somebody who has money? 

8 minutes ago, Marksman said:

That's cute, but it's also wrong. If you live in one part of Vespucci, the whole area does not suddenly become yours.

thats how gang life works, bro. If there's no competition, they claim as much as possible. CxC13 claims a chunk of Vespucci, which is an IC issue, so no. I'm not wrong.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Ears Up said:

First of all bro, what?

What you don't realize is that alot of this shit happens under faction leaders' noses lol. I had to close my previous fac because a bunch of players who were RPing with us were doing stupid shit while I was asleep, but never while I was either online or ingame. It's quite laughable that you expect faction leaders (Who are humans too) to be able to mindread an entire community and find out who's doing the wrong thing in their faction, it makes 0 sense. That's like me blaming PD's leadership because their faction has a few fucking cockheads in it. It's unfair to the highest level.

I respectfully agree with this. It’s unfair to say the faction leaders aren’t trying, often times in gangs there’s 2-3 people who have power over the rest, let’s say 20 people. Everyone are humans and nobody can know for sure what another person is up to. It’s important that the community calls out these fail role players so these gang leaders can improve on their faction. By ensuring this happens you also increase the quality of gang rp in the server and you create an enjoyable experience for everyone.

• Upvote 1

Robbing people who have no money actually makes no sense, yes licks are those that are known to have money. And people driving a Massacro do, but they are not as targeted as people wandering into a gang turf, why? Cause said people do socialize in their own world. Gangsters rarely go outside they comfort zone to get something done, that's why it's called a turf, cause they operate there. An example would be me again. I got jumped few blocks behind Davis LTD, cause I gave them a reason, but as soon as they realized I actually have nothing they left me be. People go on robbing spree or randomly decide to rob someone, that's not as realistic as they think it is. They should be reported indeed. But if peope actually roleplayed something? IRL you know, that there are Crips cause it was either on the news or said street is mark on the map accessible on internet. Yes you can see it, in the game there is no such thing, but there are graffitis and tags, if you walk around a wall with some gang tag, doesn't matter which gang it is, you are on their turf and ofc people usually judge others by their looks, if they see fancy clothing, you are marked usually. Higher chance you will get robbed somewhere. Vespucci Canals however have expensive houses yes, but maybe people confuse the beach housing with and alley not far from the pier, where actual expensive housing is located with closed off parts of the beach, that's also where the GTAV intro is taking place. Its not on the main beach. Lorewise the blocks and streets in question are Vagos turf. Now we do not play in GTA universe to that extent, but the streets around the main beach are gang populated and always were on GTAW. That's nothing new, now you may think it is new, cause there are more gangs there lately then before. But they always were there.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1

Just to preface, I'm relatively new to the server along with some friends. We started renting a house in Vespucci because having experience IRL (I'm from SoCal, but I get that the server has progressed differently from real life), I figured it was a nice beach-side suburb to rent a house in-game. In the past week and a half that we've lived there, one friend has been stabbed for pretty much no reason, my friend's character and mine got ganged up on and shot at, again for no reason, and my car was stolen at gunpoint. Each attack happened in our apartment's parking area, right below the building. I wasn't there for the stabbing, but my main issue with the latter two is that both times, we were instantly driven up on after parking and threatened at gunpoint. Makes it seem like someone was bored and just waiting to ambush someone, I dunno. 

My questions are 1) How should new players like my friends and I even know that the area is bad before being subjected to it and nearly killed for just parking in our own parking area? 2) I'm all for reporting bad apples to faction management, that idea is sound, but how would we even know which faction these guys are in, if they're even in one at all?

I think the main issue is people that are seemingly just camping players, like the OP said. No thought or anything put into their roleplay, just go up to normal ass people and point their guns in their face because "ehlohehl i'm in gta i'm a super cool gang member this neighborhood's gonna burn". Again, this is what I'm seeing and feeling, might be completely different but yeah. I'll be better about recording names and stuff in the future, but there definitely seems to be at least a bit of an OOC issue/disconnect here.

17 minutes ago, lunacine said:

1) How should new players like my friends and I even know that the area is bad before being subjected to it and nearly killed for just parking in our own parking area?

Look around IC, look for graffiti (You can find info markers ingame that let u know if theres graffiti on the walls), basically do the things you'd do if you were moving into a neighborhood that you weren't sure about IRL, do some research IC. Etc etc. I will also say that if you were truly only parking up in your parking space, and almost got killed for it? Report that shit bro. Aint nobody gonna kill you for parking your car in your parking spot, nor should anyone have to worry about bein killed for that. It's extremely poor portrayal.

19 minutes ago, lunacine said:

2) I'm all for reporting bad apples to faction management, that idea is sound, but how would we even know which faction these guys are in, if they're even in one at all?

Honestly, ask them bro. If they refuse to tell you what faction they're in? Hop on the forums and check faction threads, or search their name up on the forums. Once you know what faction they're in, either contact faction management, or better yet? Contact the leaders of said factions. I know for sure that if one of my members in a fac I was leading tried to deathmatch someone for parking their car up and I was made aware of it? I'd literally boot that person within seconds, as would MOST if not all faction leaders on here.

6 hours ago, VikoMKD said:

For this particular case I'm talking about the whole Vespucci area, I have a house in Vespucci that I'm renting out and ICly and OOCly I got notified that the tenants get constantly attacked by the mexican gang roleplaying around that Area, I've also had this problem while living there and tried to take care of it ICly but the police didnt't seem to care about it. I don't think it's realistic for gangs to live in such an expensive area and be killing/robbing people in the middle of the day. Because if we are talking realism here the IRL Vespucci Beach(Venice Beach) which is considered the most expensive neighbourhood in LA and houses cost upwards of million dollars would be constantly full with people all around and you wouldn't get away with robbery or murder in the middle of the day. I've had many cases where they knew I or my friend are online and just camping around our houses and as soon as we get out we get pistol pointed in our face. Also there were few cases when my tenants got stabbed for no reason and because of those people who roleplay like that Vespucci isn't considered to be a really safe are as it should be .I'd like to hear the opinion of other players what they think about this and hopefully resolve the issue.

By mexican gang your referring to Culver City right? Because that's literally the only "Mexican Gang" in Vespucci. If you wanna complain about getting robbed and whatnot then I suggest you file a report against the people doing this or speak to the faction leader. Nonetheless as a good amount of people in this thread stated Vespucci isn't a "safe" area just cause some of the houses look "nice" and "luxurious".

Edited by MCB666
5 hours ago, VikoMKD said:

The problem IG is that in the start everyone gets around 200k starter money which hasn't been earned ICly, this way people actually afford places in Vespucci and other richer areas such as Mirror Park, also let's not forget that many of the places could be bought for Market Price which is really low for this area. And no I don't mind having the gangs in my neighbourhood, but I hate being camped in front of my house only cuz I spawn my cars when I'm IG, and I hate being attacked by 16 year old chars who don't RP having any fear. I know there are gangs in Venice, but they don't kill/rob people in the middle of the day.

you can get attacked by a 14 y/o IRL, if u gonna come thru n disrespect kids like that? ofc u gonna get jumped bro