Del Perro Pier PD

Tsarna

7 minutes ago, Connor said:

Media Relations already do this - not specifically for the pier / beach but they go around businesses on their MRCAD callsigns and interact with members of the public especially businesses. They have also introduced Community Officers which liase with specific businesses / areas and those businesses know who their local Officers are. However I have seen our MRCAD division go around the beach specifically when Lifeguards are on shift etc.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant but more specifically oriented towards the beach and the people who visit it. Would be nice to see more of it. 

Just now, eTaylor said:

Yeah, that’s exactly what I meant but more specifically oriented towards the beach and the people who visit it. Would be nice to see more of it. 

I've passed this suggestion topic towards MRCAD leadership so hopefully they post on here too perhaps give their two cents.

8 minutes ago, Connor said:

I've passed this suggestion topic towards MRCAD leadership so hopefully they post on here too perhaps give their two cents.

At the end of the day I think it’s important for other people to realize that the PD is their own faction. People don’t get to demand what they can and can’t do or should do. It’s not like the city will die if the beach station isn’t used, and the server will continue running if there isn’t a huge dedicated police presence. A pair of bikes is just more of an atmosphere thing, I don’t know what MRCAD does beyond what you described but maybe it’d be welcomed as a fun break from regular duties while still conducting said duties. Maybe that better explains it, if you get what I’m saying.

Hi,

I run MRCAD (Media Relations & Community Affairs Division) who are the guys you see interacting with the community in polo shirts, or possibly even wearing shorts and riding bicycles like suggested in this thread. Vespucci Beach is an area of interest for us because part of our roleplay is emulating the 'beach cops' and 'bike cops' you see. As with everything on the server, however, we have to balance what we do with the number of people we have and the number of people who are roleplaying in said area. Vespucci is definitely a hot area, but the beach isn't always being used and as such we don't have a dedicated 'Beach Patrol', simply the option for our Community Relations Officers to patrol it using a variety of methods ranging from foot to a pickup truck to navigate the sand.

We're always looking for feedback, however, so if you do feel that the Vespucci Beach area is being neglected and could use some improvement I'm more than happy to take specific suggestions for improvement via PMs so that I can make sure we follow up on them. I like the idea of using the small station there as a mini-base for our beach officers, however, we've also got to justify the amount of work that will go into creating it with how much it'll realistically be used. Nevertheless I'm going to put it on the agenda for our division to discuss and possibly push up the chain to our faction leadership if we think we could justify it.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Connor said:

Media Relations already do this - not specifically for the pier / beach but they go around businesses on their MRCAD callsigns and interact with members of the public especially businesses. They have also introduced Community Officers which liase with specific businesses / areas and those businesses know who their local Officers are. However I have seen our MRCAD division go around the beach specifically when Lifeguards are on shift etc.

Can confirm this is the case regardless of the existence of the Del Perro station. If it does become manned under the pressure of the community, I feel like people will eventually use this example to request all police stations to be manned in their area, example being the Vinewood station to cater for Vinewood, Alta and Hawick.

10 minutes ago, Law said:

Can confirm this is the case regardless of the existence of the Del Perro station. If it does become manned under the pressure of the community, I feel like people will eventually use this example to request all police stations to be manned in their area, example being the Vinewood station to cater for Vinewood, Alta and Hawick.

And the problem with that is what exactly? What is the problem with rp-ing them manned - you are not robbing people in the middle of the "empty" street as well, since unrealism? Why rob them on a pier which would be full of people or also in front of other PD stations, since ya know, those stations arw usually on places where lots of people would be anyways. You dont see a PD in some back alley somewhere.

Edited by Tsarna
26 minutes ago, Law said:

There simply isn't the manpower and budget to support this anytime soon. Will it happen? Likely, yes. Will it take, honestly, years? Yes.

6 minutes ago, Tsarna said:

And the problem with that is what exactly? What is the problem with rp-ing them manned - you are not robbing people in the middle of the "empty" street as well, since unrealism? Why rob them on a pier which would be full of people or also in front of other PD stations, since ya know, those stations arw usually on places where lots of people would be anyways. You dont see a PD in some back alley somewhere.

I never stated there’s a problem, it comes down to the fact most people aren’t considering what the PD want, they can’t just throw units around like a board game, there’s manpower to consider. You’re also welcome to read my previous comment in which I state it’s unrealistic to be robbing people on landmarks like the pier.

Kinda unrelated but if you applied the same logic, just because there are 3-4 up’n’atoms buildings around the map, doesn’t mean that one up’n’atom business needs to man all the stores to satisfy every area.

Not sure where the alleyway comment plays into the discussion/suggestion but you can PM me about it if you want to clarify. 

7 minutes ago, Law said:

I never stated there’s a problem, it comes down to the fact most people aren’t considering what the PD want, they can’t just throw units around like a board game, there’s manpower to consider. You’re also welcome to read my previous comment in which I state it’s unrealistic to be robbing people on landmarks like the pier.

Kinda unrelated but if you applied the same logic, just because there are 3-4 up’n’atoms buildings around the map, doesn’t mean that one up’n’atom business needs to man all the stores to satisfy every area.

Not sure where the alleyway comment plays into the discussion/suggestion but you can PM me about it if you want to clarify. 

sorry, if it sounded like personal. I mean, if people rob others or commit crimes, they should not happen on IRL busy places, where usually PD is. It does not to be manned with characters, but the players should just look more around them and ask themselves "would a person realistically rob others here?" It may happen, but it would be very rare, but not like now - pier is always busy with auto thefts and robbings xD

Edited by Tsarna
  • Upvote 1

Hi, Lifeguard Chief here. Vespucci is the wild-west. It's pretty bad - I tried establishing some laws down there with the last Government and got ignored, so hopefully we can get somethings sorted down there when the new mayor is in town.

The amount of robberies, driving on the civilian walk-ways, taxing of the skate-park/gym and just general behaviour down the beach is pretty poor. If we base the server off of, "you wouldn't rob someone on the highway" and such, then the beach should also be included in that, in my opinion. The same goes for people taking their sports cars on the sand - we're trying very hard to bring the activity to the beach and nearly getting run over by cars on the civilian foot paths is a frequent thing. The amount of murder and crime that happens at the skate-park is pretty ridiculous considering a police station is thirty feet away.

There are TWO police stations on Vespucci/Del Perro Beach. The one in the center of the beach by the skate-park and the one you mentioned on the pier. 

(people seem to forget about this place when they shoot someone at the skate-park for refusing to pay $100 to use it)

5U0XcbM.png

This beach is based off of Santa Monica - obviously we can't fill it with activity like it is in real life but stuff like taxing the skate-park, gym. Murdering someone or robbing them in daylight is pretty unrealistic.

Have some videos that happens daily down there:

https://streamable.com/omxync

https://streamable.com/m5yb0x

Edited by ashlyii
  • Upvote 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic