Used car dealerships

Aellerix

Just now, Jennie said:

Maybe they should pay a tax to the government for occupying parking lots, pay for being a company and similar things.

Do other companies pay taxes? Why would car dealerships exclusively be targeted for a tax that the customer is going to be burdened with? 

11 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Do other companies pay taxes? Why would car dealerships exclusively be targeted for a tax that the customer is going to be burdened with? 

Bars, clubs, usually pay a lease or buy the local, dealerships occupy a public parking lot without paying a dollar.

20 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Bars, clubs, usually pay a lease or buy the local, dealerships occupy a public parking lot without paying a dollar.

As far as I know every dealership you see opening regularly pays for a lease, they all have offices. Haven't seen an illegal one in a while myself.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

The problem then just moves to illegal dealerships.

With the Government currently being on-hold whilst being rebuilt, the illegal dealerships are indeed a huge problem. However give us some time and I'll be back to closing down all the illegal dealerships, so they shouldn't be around for too long anymore.

9 minutes ago, Pogis said:

With the Government currently being on-hold whilst being rebuilt, the illegal dealerships are indeed a huge problem. However give us some time and I'll be back to closing down all the illegal dealerships, so they shouldn't be around for too long anymore.

Don't underestimate people's ingenuity when attempting to avoid taxation though. You could run a business entirely through SMS and pickups/ deliveries if you would want to increase your margins.

Just now, mj2002 said:

Don't underestimate people's ingenuity when attempting to avoid taxation though. You could run a business entirely through SMS and pickups/ deliveries if you would want to increase your margins.

And there's nothing wrong with running a business from your home. Illegal dealerships get shut down if they are using Government / public lots without owning / leasing them. The SMS and pickups/deliveries are completely fine. 

6 minutes ago, Pogis said:

And there's nothing wrong with running a business from your home. Illegal dealerships get shut down if they are using Government / public lots without owning / leasing them. The SMS and pickups/deliveries are completely fine. 

Sure, but the discussion that lead to this was the impact of taxes, in order to reduce profit margins, which you would avoid if you're running a business from your home.