"GTA: World" Season II or "Thoughts on Wipes"

Rekhoem

Not going to lie, I'm thrilled by the idea. But unfortunatelly I can't picture the repercussions of such thing. The workload that Property Management alone will recieve, is going to be beyond any human resoursce available to support the needs. I don't even want to think about other needs that players might have. 
Also might be a little unfair for those who worked harder than others. There are also people who have donated, to enhance their roleplay. Wipping that would mean to wipe real money.
What we can do tho', is test it out, and see how people react to it, and if it doesn't work out, we do a rollback. BIG MAYBE!

Edited by Gambler
19 minutes ago, Gambler said:

Not going to lie, I'm thrilled by the idea. But unfortunatelly I can't picture the repercussions of such thing. The workload that Property Management alone will recieve, is going to be beyond any human resoursce available to support the needs. I don't even want to think about other needs that players might have. 
Also might be a little unfair for those who worked harder than others. There are also people who have donated, to enhance their roleplay. Wipping that would mean to wipe real money.
What we can do tho', is test it out, and see how people react to it, and if it doesn't work out, we do a rollback. BIG MAYBE!

I can tell you how will it end. This is roleplaying server, most of people have gotten where they are what do they have through roleplay.

This is not Diablo 3 season, but even if it was. Seasons usually give you permanent rewards at the end anyway. As said before this is roleplay

not an rpg. You want to reset? CK is your option then. Also if people argue that money stay the same...donate them, problem solved. Yeah yeah I know, most of people won't do that.

This isn't conan exiles RP and there is no actual reason to wipe a GTA RP server, not only would it completely kill the economy forcing the staff team to restart and reseed it but this would also inspire a mad rush to grind assets to purchase vehicles and houses that people not only needed for their RP but also from the crowd who seeks only to flex the size of their ewallet. This is a terrible idea and is entirely unsuited to a roleplay server of this kind.

• Upvote 1
On 7/4/2020 at 1:41 AM, Gambler said:

No.

No to wipes as almost everyone else says. I like so many others have spent vast amounts of time developing my characters story over more than the last year. I don't see any benefit to this. The economy on here is fine and is in a state that encourages people to not focus on RPG jobs but rather giving us enough money to actually afford somewhere to live and a reasonable car. If you want a business, you can apply for businesses or buy one of the huge amounts already out there. I just don't see how removing everyone's progress will make roleplay better. All this would do is make a significant portion of our playerbase angry and quit/take a break and make everyone focus on moneymaking instead of RP in order to fund their RP again.

Edited by Odin

I'm with others on this. Absolutely no way would I like a wipe. There's far too much development in my character's story, career and background that I would not like to see go missing. Not a good idea at all and something I doubt management would be interested in seeing either.