Illegal RP Application for CCW/PF holders

Keta

3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Why should this scrutiny be OOC when it could be IC?

Quality control of the people who receive these licenses. Everyone wants to be Johnny Badass. No one wants to be flawed individual who can lose a fight because they're not carrying a gun, but this person is. 

Just now, RSZach said:

Quality control of the people who receive these licenses. Everyone wants to be Johnny Badass. No one wants to be flawed individual who can lose a fight because they're not carrying a gun, but this person is. 

So just like real life then. Isn't this already covered by the 'fear of the law' rule set? Again, it seems to me like this quality control could just as well take an IC shape. Perhaps background checks and mental evaluations? Put those office workers and psychologists to work!

Just now, mj2002 said:

So just like real life then. Isn't this already covered by the 'fear of the law' rule set? Again, it seems to me like this quality control could just as well take an IC shape. Perhaps background checks and mental evaluations? Put those office workers and psychologists to work!

The problem is, no one wants to loose on an OOC standpoint. No one would properly adhere to mental evaluations because no one wants to lose their PF license. You can't force IC scenarios on OOC minded individuals.

1 hour ago, Keta said:

I can't tell you why the LSPD has enforced OOC rules on the PF/CCW's, because I honestly don't know.

I'm just trying to find a middle ground, if it was just as simple as "its an IC issue, deal with it IC", then there wouldn't be any OOC restrictions in the first place, but I'm assuming it's more complex than that.

I believe this was an admin/legal fm decision not PD’s. 

I'm not really in favour of handing out an easy way for illegal RPers to get guns as the game is already full of vigilante shooters and passing out even more guns will just turn it back into the wild west. If you're involved in an illegal faction it really shouldn't be that difficult for you to get a gun, and you shouldn't be having to resort to the government to acquire them.

Plus, the application as you've presented it in the original post is so convoluted and full of restrictions that it's just going to be a pain in the ass to enforce frankly.

If you're going to allow PF and CCW to illegal players, don't bother trying to make it a separate system but instead just do it through the normal system and keep it IC (Even though I'm against it myself, it's still a better system then having two sets of applications)

e : I do also think there should be way less vigilante shootings and people playing hero, it's not very realistic and pretty shitty for the illegal RPers who are OOCly at a disadvantage, whereas in real life you'd probably value your life over your phone or some shit.

Edited by friendlyman
  • Upvote 1

I am currently roleplaying a cybercriminal who owns a PF and haven't had any issues. Cybercrime has nothing to do with guns anyways, but what you guys are talking about would indicate that anyone who RPs anything illegal wouldn't be able to get a license - which is not the case.

This rule was put there in the first place because people who RP-ed in gangs ABUSED their PF licenses to hand out guns to gang members and just report them stolen after the fact. Rinse and repeat a few times and one PF holder could supply a whole gang with firearms, which wasn't good.

This rule states that you will NOT be affiliated with a GANG or have intentions of affiliating with a GANG. It doesn't say anything about MCs, mob factions, organized crime syndicates and what not, but only GANGS.

Now, unless I have misread something and there's a new rule in place for illegal RP-ers making them NOT ALLOWED AT ALL to have a gun and I haven't been notified of it, then that sucks and hopefully I can get my license revoked without issues. But the only thing I saw and still see on the LSPD forums is this.

I do not understand why people are panicking over this as this rule clearly says it's for gang members, so technically you can have a legal gun as an Italian mobster or a member of any other mafia etc.

94YrkQG.png

I had a PF throughout most of my characters illegal spell as I never got caught. The IC development of my character caused it all to happen (I did not have any plans to go illegal) and neither for my character to become "clean" which is what's been happening recently especially after I lost my PF (I forgot to tell them I had it on me, as I forgot it was in /inv).

I never had any issues and my character was within a MC for quite a while and I still had my PF. I think if your buying a PF jsut for the guns and for the reason to be involved with a gang of somesort then it's a issue but if your buying it for your character (i bought mine for security n working as a guard) and it happens to be used illegally it is or should be considered OK.

Maybe a illegal RP application could be quite cool but at the same time until your caught I don't see why you shouldn't be allowed to do illegal RP and have a PF. In real life I imagine many people pass the checks to be allowed a weapon license (I don't think it's a thing needed in America but in general around the world) and use it wrongly. But its whether or not they get caught.

First and foremost, you people forgetting one small detail. Admins are people too, they don't sit IG 24/7 plus even with current amounts of reports...they have their hands full. Then pretty much 90% of characters on the server already own a gun or two. Besides its mostly aimed at gang members yes.