Non-English section?

AAlroy

On 6/15/2020 at 4:54 PM, AAlroy said:

What moderation would it require from admins? Am I missing anything?

What? I don't believe you understand the point here. I'm talking about a dedicated section in the forums where you can basically gather up with people who are playing in your country. It doesn't mean that the server wouldn't remain an English based one.

I'd like to hear more thoughts about this, please.

What is stopping you from gathering people from certain countries now? In English?

7 hours ago, hori said:

As a foreign moderator you don’t have to be an admin, just a normal player in charge with reporting players if something goes wrong, reporting them to admins. Admins can translate what they said and punish player if it’s needed.

There are no forum moderators in this community as far as I know.

And even so, those moderators have to be trusted. 
Plus it's not needed.

• 2 months later...

I mean, not like they were all that active on other servers that had them, at least that I remember. Maybe a general discussion topic in -insert foreign language- and half a dozen forum games that have no real purpose and most likely already exist, just in English. Plus the admin team would have to find suitable people to moderate those sections as the server doesn't have an administrator for every single somewhat major foreign language, and whatnot. To be honest, I'm neutral on this. I don't really want one but I wouldn't mind it if we did have it.

idk why everyone kept spamming "This is an English speaking server. You speak English." lol

But tbh the idea is great, obviously for all foreign players to have their own section for their language. It's something for foreign players to use for general discussions using their language and whatnot. However, it should be managed by staff (say call them Foreign Management or something) then foreign players can apply to be a moderator for their respective foreign sections. Obviously the application will go through the Foreign Management and they can discuss there if someone's suitable for the position or not, based on their admin records and forum demeanor in general. It's as easy as that and works perfectly fine on other servers (I, myself is in the Foreign Management of LS:RP). But yeah, it really depends if anyone from the staff team wants to take that responsibility to lead the team. That's what will make the ball go rolling, in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 12:54 AM, Buster[] said:

idk why everyone kept spamming "This is an English speaking server. You speak English." lol

They aren't spamming it. It's a fact. This is a heavy text, English based RP server. If you want to get together with people who speak the same language, make a discord and do it there. Not needed for the forums, as it would take a huge amount of trust in people who speak that language and then finding people who speak those languages to moderate between them and the rest of the team. A logistical nightmare.

Keep it English on the forums. This can be done elsewhere.

• 1 month later...

I like this. LSRP did this and no, the administrators weren't directly involved - the Foreign Moderation team was. The team was led by an administrator (or tester, not sure) and it was formed of users who spoke the language, applied for the position, joined the staff team and only moderated their sections.

It's an English server, yes, but let's not be ignorant to the fact that the vast majority of people on GTAW aren't from the same country. It'd be really cool to be able to discuss local news with people from your own country.

On 10/4/2020 at 2:59 AM, Sim said:

This is an English speaking server. You speak English.

please no necro

New York City is an American city, but you can still go to Chinatown?

Edited by Tempesto