Revamping Arrests - Points based system

28 minutes ago, Syrike said:

No criminal should be roleplaying with the intent to create roleplay for law enforcement, focus on your character and what they would do.

Why should criminals not be concerned with the experience of law enforcement rpers lol? That sounds so fucking bad. 

17 minutes ago, Captain said:

Why should criminals not be concerned with the experience of law enforcement rpers lol? That sounds so fucking bad. 

Did I say that, no I didn't. I said they shouldn't be focused on making rp for them. Rp with them naturally.

8 minutes ago, Syrike said:

Did I say that, no I didn't. I said they shouldn't be focused on making rp for them. Rp with them naturally.

I never said they were focused, but most people don't want to roleplay a super intelligent mafiaso that would never be seen lacking. Some people actually enjoy interacting with good cops in gang neighborhoods and such.

Edited by AceS|
31 minutes ago, AceS| said:

I never said they were focused, but most people don't want to roleplay a super intelligent mafiaso that would never be seen lacking. Some people actually enjoy interacting with good cops in gang neighborhoods and such.

But what part of this is actively creating roleplay for law enforcement? The exact scenario you've mentioned is a natural meeting and how it should be. It also does not lead to random felony charges nor is it something that would be affected by these changes.

4 hours ago, Syrike said:

But what part of this is actively creating roleplay for law enforcement? The exact scenario you've mentioned is a natural meeting and how it should be. It also does not lead to random felony charges nor is it something that would be affected by these changes.

I think there is a misunderstanding here between being some sort of game master literally creating roleplay and someone just concerned about an enjoyable experience and putting in effort to create said experience during an interaction.

I personally role play a civilian that isn't in any factions. And I feel like the 30 points system is going to lower the amount of robberies and increase the amount of super hard to get caught mindset. After 30 points it should just be a month sentence of prison. That way it still creates role play for Leo and the justice department but also gives the players more of a risk before doing a felony. Forcing CK is dumb that's literally wasting hours of someone's time just for the realism sake. Make them have a month of prison when they reach the 30 points and allow more parole options even if they had more violent crimes.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mattkov said:

I personally role play a civilian that isn't in any factions. And I feel like the 30 points system is going to lower the amount of robberies and increase the amount of super hard to get caught mindset. After 30 points it should just be a month sentence of prison. That way it still creates role play for Leo and the justice department but also gives the players more of a risk before doing a felony. Forcing CK is dumb that's literally wasting hours of someone's time just for the realism sake. Make them have a month of prison when they reach the 30 points and allow more parole options even if they had more violent crimes.

I doubt it would lower the amount of robberies, but that's just my opinion on it. Robberies will probably stay the same as they are now. 100% agree on the disapproval of a forced CK. 

• Upvote 1

I've locked this thread. There is a lot of disinformation so let me clarify: 

• This only applies to felony charges that you don't already have a court case for. (Does not apply to misdemeanor charges
  • This does not apply retroactively 
  • Management approved of the system going in, including helping draft and tweak things, memebrs of the PD & SD leadership were consulted, and several illegal faction leaders were consulted multiple weeks before the launch of the system, then all illegal faction leaders were asked if they had any input a couple of hours before the system went live for last minute changes.
  • As I stated at the top of the thread, this is on trial for a month, a lot of people are saying it won't work because of X, Y or Z. I personally think it's great that we're trying new and different things, if it doesn't work, then we can make a decision and learn some lessons about why at the end of the month. 
  • There has been one CK so far on the server via the courts, I don't expect this number to increase much if at all via the new points system, we were just being fully transparent that it is an option. 
  • Finally, please take a chance to review the actual points that you gain from committing various crimes, not only are they very low, I think it would take a significant amount of time for most illegal roleplayers to get to 30. 
  • Upvote 8