Cyberpunk 2077

Running it very well on i7 8700k and 1080  - If you're having performance issues with it, make sure to update your drivers (this helps a lot with performance) and turn off the following settings might help give you some extra fps;

Film grain

Chromatic Aberration 

Motion blur (optional)

I have enjoyed this game, I want to say that it is amazing and give it all the bells and whistles but it's only fun in parts, and extremely dissapointing for the majority of the time.

This post is mostly referring to the story, so there are spoilers ahead. I don't want to talk about the bugs as everyone seems to know about them thus far so it's pointless. Just a few personal views on the general story and how it ended up panning out.

It has been massively overpromoted in my opinion, you could write so much about how over-the-top it's marketing has been. Obviously the hype behind the title isn't all down to the developer, but the false promises that have come of it are. It's a game that after so much time in development, still feels like it was released very early. Spending £50 on a title like this, I'd have expected a story like this one to last a good 40 or so plus hours, not have the game finish after 25 or so hours (main storyline only). You spend the first twenty or so minutes of the game watching your montage of a character background and development for why V looks at things, or has the goals that they do. It very much feels like a story that you're being told rather than a story you're a part of.

(spoilers ahead for the general story and ENDING SPOILERS)

Spoiler

Double spoiler warning, just in case;

Spoiler

The best parts of this game come through in the writing and the sequences between the stories segments, even so, calling it the 'best parts' is somewhat of a push in my opinion. However, more often than not it feels alot more like a great TV show than it does an RPG title as it was initially advertised. Now it seems very much of a standard action-adventure title. It's not as reactive as you would have hoped it would be, dialogue options don't divulge into several different paths; you're basically just given different ways to say yes or no. If the game was drawn down to just its main story only, no open world dynamics or side quests, I would have given it more room to impress me, but the stories only about 25% of the games total content which is why I find the release all in all lackluster.

The sequences that really stand out are basically all scenes that could and were used for trailer bait to draw you in. The way V is written doesn't make me care about them at all. In the introductory montage you're given 'deep' relationships, a criminal background and an apparent backstory to V wanting to be the most infamous Merc in Night City. All that the introductory montage told me was that I am supposed to care for this person (Jackie) so that when he dies later it'll hurt, oh and also you did a bunch of criminal stuff that would help you realise your characters ambition, but what the hell, we'll just throw in a Wolverine like beginning. It's hard to place yourself in a position where it makes sense to care for what happens to your character, when you're told; much less shown, why you should with a simple montage at breakneck speed.

When it comes to the end, it just relays the fact that much of what you choose or decide earlier in the game's main quest line doesn't matter, as the choices you make in the final mission are all that matter in terms of changing the course of its ending. You could have V hate Silverhand all game, but should you choose the suicide ending for example, they will both have a heartful discussion to try and have you think back or maybe regret certain choices - but it's intended gut-punch of emotions just does not hold up.

Considering that all endings result in V dying in six months after the story finishes, regardless of your choices, it goes towards the idea that there's no salvation for our hero. Given the open nature of these endings, it does leave room for DLC to expand on them to make it more fruitful. That is mostly a personal grievance with the story as it just felt like a bad ending to a futuristic drama that had a half-way decent story towards the mid-late game. It left me feeling empty and like there was no sense to playing the story, no achievement left at the end. Alongside all of this, once you finish the game you're put back to just before the last mission. I would understand this being forced on certain endings, such as ending your character by choosing suicide, or going into cybersace, but for the other endings you lose that feeling of completion. Maybe you wanted to feel V's loneliness once you've chosen to push all other characters away - something, anything to make you finally try and find a way to relate to a character you've played.

In terms of story, the only ending that really feels meaningful is when you choose the ending involving Panam. Because at least there's a relationship to a character there that you've actually witnessed from start to finish that feels that it matters. Most of the other characters that, when V tells them that he's dying, shows a notion of remorse for V, many others don't seem to show much empathy to his cause other than sticking it to the corpo's. You could say the same for Johnny Silverhand and V's relationship, but I personally don't think there was anything more to Johnny than well, Johnny. His character and the way he's portrayed was the best part about him, not the relationship between the two. Any ending you choose that ends with Johnny taking V's body just results in Johnny leaving Night City for good, having much of V's buildup to being remembered by everyone as a renowned Merc a little bit pointless. From what I've read of the endings I haven't tried yet, Hanako, Rogue and so on, they all seem to just leave you feeling more empty than the last.

All in all, I just think the story could have used more juice. More of an introduction to V and night city, why you should feel for them, being offered the chance to create your own connection to the city that is intended to be so rich and full of life or depth. Stronger relationships to other characters (not just making you want to simp).

It very much feels like alot of elements to the story were cut, leaving it feeling far to empty and aimless.

I stan pan tho.

runs fine of rtx2060 and i7 10850h

But I just dont like the game. Not a fan of the whole LGBT stuff that has been pushed into the whole game design. Overall the game design is not my style and I often found it even annoying.

Vehicle controls are crap.

A lot of stuff are going on at once and it's really hard to keep track of what the hell is going on, which caused me to miss so much stuff, it took me 6 hours before I realized that I should upgrade my skill tree (lol).

Overall a lot of effort has been put in the game, shooting is nice but takes 500 hits to down an unarmed person, graphics are nice as well, the sound play is great too. Not a poor game at all.

The game is nice but not my style. Some people may like it a lot, but that's definitely not me. Good I didnt pay for it.

The game has been amazing for  me so far, despite the bugs that'll hopefully be fixed. If you're looking for a gun & loot shooter or something like that then it's not for you. This game is a RPG through and through. I wasn't expecting much out of the shooting mechanics anyway, it plays like something you expect of a company whose been making medieval setting RPGs for the last decade, which CDPR has been doing with the witcher. 

Hey there, for those who don't already know, there's a huge performance fix available that works for some.

Go into your game file folder, and go to this location: Cyberpunk 2077/engine/config

Then see the file "memory_pool_budgets.csv".

This file contains values for how much RAM & VRAM of your PC that is available to use.

For some reason, the values are set really low. Some people over on reddit, have had huge performance boosts by editing

this file through notepad. NOTE: You must run your Cyberpunk.exe as an administrator for this to possibly work.

Here's an example of an edited one: BcF7bNd.png

Other important performance fixes

Go onto nexusmodscommunity, and look for the AMD SMT fix. It's a fix for people with AMD processors, who for some reason, can't use more than half of their CPU's cores in the game.

Turn down the "cascaded shadows" options, there's 2 of them in the graphics menu. They tank your FPS, alot of people got a 10 FPS improvement for turning them down.

For more high-end PC's, turn on DLSS. You probably already have it on though.

Edited by cracked