Cyberpunk 2077

I played The Witcher 3 and figured CDPR would need to pull something out of their ass to top that. And then I ate my words. Even in the current semi-broken state, this game is a masterpiece and it's incredibly fun. Engaging story, incredible gunplay (give the shotgun a try, you know you want to).

Fun as fuck side gigs, tons of areas to explore/loot. What the game lacks in customization vehicle wise, it makes up with incredible visuals that get you immersed into the world itself. Tons of choices too, so if you're looking for a game you can replay over and over and over again, you have a ton of options to pick so I doubt you'll ever get bored. 

I won't lie, the game's release was a very bumpy road and it still is, but they're pouring fresh concrete to smoothen it out, and so far it's improving day by day. They're communicating with the crowd and resolving issues. Pick the game up in a few months when it's properly fixed cause you'll probably love it.

• Applaud 1

Able to easily run it on high settings on a GTX 1660 Super with a Ryzen 5 3600. Have had no performance issues, but there are definitely a lot of glitches - especially during missions. You could finish an objective and it wouldn't update, and you're basically forced to re-do it hoping it'll work the next time.

I may be the only one of this opinion, but I felt like the story wasn't that intriguing and there's just a lot that could've been changed for a more reasonable storyline. I haven't finished the game yet, but it's still extremely fun to play and it's honestly not disappointing. CyberpunkMP when though? 😉

17 minutes ago, TNG said:

Able to easily run it on high settings on a GTX 1660 Super with a Ryzen 5 3600. Have had no performance issues, but there are definitely a lot of glitches - especially during missions. You could finish an objective and it wouldn't update, and you're basically forced to re-do it hoping it'll work the next time.

I may be the only one of this opinion, but I felt like the story wasn't that intriguing and there's just a lot that could've been changed for a more reasonable storyline. I haven't finished the game yet, but it's still extremely fun to play and it's honestly not disappointing. CyberpunkMP when though? 😉

Very confused as to how you are able to run the game with such good performance with said specs.  Just sounds like cap.

95% of players aren't able to, yet there's these 5% gems of players with low-spec/budget computers that somehow magically have 60 FPS on high settings. How did you achieve this? I've done literally everything. I made sure my PC isn't damaged, I made sure the game is using all of my PC's potential, everything. I'm still stuck at barerly 40 FPS (max) and down to 20 in loaded firefights.

edit: I've also tweaked parameters of the game, used community fixes for the performance, optimized my settings etc. I can't even dream of playing on high. That puts me at an unplayable 15-20 FPS.

My specs are a GTX 1070 8GB, 16 GB of RAM and an i7 7700, not oc'd. This is well above the recommended.

I also run the game off a brand new SSD.

Edited by cracked
2 minutes ago, cracked said:

Very confused as to how you are able to run the game with such good performance with said specs.  Just sounds like cap.

95% of players aren't able to, yet there's these 5% gems of players with low-spec/budget computers that somehow magically have 60 FPS on high settings. How did you achieve this? I've done literally everything. I made sure my PC isn't damaged, I made sure the game is using all of my PC's potential, everything. I'm still stuck at barerly 40 FPS (max) and down to 20 in loaded firefights.

edit: I've also tweaked parameters of the game, used community fixes for the performance, optimized my settings etc. I can't even dream of playing on high. That puts me at an unplayable 15-20 FPS.

I'm not sure, but I'm getting a steady 56-60 FPS on high settings. The only setting I've tweaked was this:

vZRn4Xm.png

• Upvote 1

Been able to get mine running better now. I ran at over 60 frames before but the lows really detracted from the experience driving. I sort of like the learning curve of driving but I think the collision physics could use work, probably why there's no police vehicles that chase you as far as I've seen.

Used the AMD fix for my 5600X and the configuration fix. Cascaded shadows resolution to medium, everything else on RT Ultra settings with chromatic aberration and film grain disabled. Consistent 60 - 70 frames on a 3440x1440 ultrawide display with my 3080 FTW3 Ultra.

Up to like 65 hours and I've started grinding on my Very Hard save to try to give myself some buffer from the pain I'm going to experience.

Edited by Wisci

Great game, playing it in chunks over the winter and not all at once to enjoy it.

However, I feel terrible for console players on XB1 and PS4 who got completely screwed over the lied to by CDPR, that was a major "Mess-up" on their part. They literally knew it was a problem and still released the game. Their excuse of "We only played it on PC" is complete crap.