Public transport support

house-max

3 hours ago, D.Devil said:

Don't think a bus can and would be cheaper in this setting either, taxi's would be used way more frequently and you'd never have more than a handful people in a bus, sure in RL they're way cheaper but they mass transport people, something which we wouldn't be able to do in a server with an average of 250-300people online. Probably a bus would be cheaper as they're slower, but I doubt people would drive around in them 90% cheaper than a taxi. ? Don't forget purchasing a taxi is only 30k, a bus is 114k - they'll most likely run around a bit cheaper than a taxi would.

as a business case you are right, taxi si cheaper, faster and have higher ROI. but we talked here about realism and as for taxi it was implemented that extra income for every 60 minutes in shift, we can do this way here too.. that will support them to earn money even if they drives with the bus empty... with 4k in 24h in shift you cover the bus cost... and start earn something extra. For example I would put money and get 3 buses to support this. even that I know the income will be probably 0 for me as a business owner.... but if I drive side by side with employers, I can make one extra bus in around 1 week only from regular shift income. If all ticket will go as I stated before 100% to business /faction that will get some other income.. that support for gas/ extend of the fleet.

I will 100% prefer to drive empty in the city making regular announcement and stop on red lights than waiting for 50 minutes for a taxi order, and then miss it because I type slower... and maybe even get asleep waiting to do a ride. ?

Edited by house-max
  • 3 months later...
On 4/23/2020 at 3:59 PM, shareef2 said:

don't worry habeeb bus service is coming soon

Anyways, government contracts should support this, not a scripted bus driver job nor a government department for transit.

Where are they? I would like to see them and help.

I'd love for there to be an active City to County bus service. But sadly I have to agree that the RP would be rather lacking for the drivers. Not sure they'd get much activity. Maybe if like the garbage system, you script in points around the map for bus stops and have players pick up the job which they get paid for regardless of passengers. Pay them per distance traveled and a bonus if people get on. Only script in one point in the county, that being Sandy. Means people need to commute in the county to get a bus to the city. Then just have a good load around the city.

As of right now? I can HEAVILY envision a transit system that transports people from L.S., to Sandy, to Paleto.... identical to a Greyhound Bus. At most, you can transport four individuals per journey from L.S., to Sandy, to Paleto, rather than remaining dependent on a city-wide bus.

Edited by DLimit

As I pointed in the start, a scripted system that pays 4k for 60 minutes while in the bus as it has been on taxi, not active RP, because you cannot drive and RP as a bus driver... the request for this would be higher....
You should just RP when people get in and out.

Just now, house-max said:

As I pointed in the start, a scripted system that pays 4k for 60 minutes while in the bus as it has been on taxi, not active RP, because you cannot drive and RP as a bus driver... the request for this would be higher....
You should just RP when people get in and out.

I like this idea, but how do you encourage people not to stand still with the bus and collect 4k/hour doing nothing? Maybe they need to make certain routes/stops or the pay pauses?

• mj2002 locked this topic