Farming, Hunting, Fishing and Food system

Morgan

What do you think?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Morgan said:

I specifically suggested that food from 24/7 will be less "nutritious" (e.g. biscuits and chocolate), in other words, that type of food will only satisfy their hunger for 1 hour in comparison to food from restaurants which would satisfy their hunger for 6 hours. They can't spam eating the food from 24/7 because eating a second 24/7 meal within the same hour of the first one will have no effect on their hunger. I haven't thought about it before, but we could also make the 3rd consecutive 24/7 meal ineffective in satisfying one's hunger, and so they will have to get real food in a restaurant just like a real person would need to consume real food at some point during the day.

Now that's just forcing people to RP something. Can't be done. It's better to turn to other directions on how to encourage people to participate in restaurant RP (which many are already). Forcing it on people will just make them find loopholes nontheless. Nobody likes being forced to RP something; so they would rather find a shortcut to avoid the nuisance being forced upon them.

31 minutes ago, Radhwan said:

Now that's just forcing people to RP something. Can't be done. It's better to turn to other directions on how to encourage people to participate in restaurant RP (which many are already). Forcing it on people will just make them find loopholes nontheless. Nobody likes being forced to RP something; so they would rather find a shortcut to avoid the nuisance being forced upon them.

From this thread you find all the arguments :

I could just copy paste every answer I'd give here in this thread from there but that don't seem right.

I am not a hundred percent behind the thought of a closed economy where restaurants rely on a guy with a shotgun to pepper down six deer to be able to serve food, especially seeing a lot of meat (for example) is produced at an industrial scale nowadays.

I am also firmly opposed to a hunger system. Not everyone has the same appetite and forcing people to eat scriptwise at set times feels like a restriction, especially seeing most of us are not online for moments where our characters would realistically eat.

I love the initiative, but personally think it would not fit.

I fully support people who are against the idea of a hunger system based on it being an RPG element.

But my support is subjective to the people who don't suport the hunger system - yet still RP hunger and thirst.

There is an addiction system, that's the same thing if we're being realistic.

Life is based on pysiological needs, and GTA:World is based on the real world. It is impossiable to replicate the real economy without /need/, need is the foundation of want.

I'm for the hunger and thirst system, it's a real thing that's unavoidable. Yes it's an RPG element, but what's wrong with that?

If the hunger system is persistent, it would push for some realism. You can plan and match times to eat so that your character won't be hungry the next time you 'wake up'.

• Thanks 1

Make the hunger indicator optional, so people who want to can use it as an aid to rp and people who dont like it can ignore it.

Ive rp'd eaten and drinking on my own for realisms sake. Ive even rp'd feeding imaginary animals behind animal ark. But there comes a time when its all pointless affectation.  an in game reminder system would be encouraging especially if other people were into it too.

Edited by jcat
typo

I'm personally down for a farming/hunting script, of course places like a 24/7 would likely buy their items from a massive chain, but this would allow some restaurants to have locally grown items, and as stated before, add more RP to Sandy Shores/Grapeseed, since right now there's little to do outside the city it feels.

Honestly feel like this is a great idea. I'd be happy with a hunger and thirst system so long as you didn't have to eat or drink constantly. Say every 12 hours your character is online. Means people would have to spend money on stores giving people roleplay opportunity aswell as people getting the items. It also means people can't just farm paychecks and own every car / property under the sun.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked and unlocked this topic
  • mj2002 locked this topic