Force a % of prison sentence to be IC [G]

Short description: Force players to spend a certain percentage of their jail time in prison to prevent people from not logging onto their character to avoid interacting with other, more active groups they are enemies with or just prison groups in general.

Detailed description: Same as said above, it doesn’t have to be long but the fact that players can still NPC the whole jail process by not logging in for extended periods of time seems a little unrealistic to me and cuts the character development for everyone.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It’d force groups to role play during their stay in jail instead of inactive the whole thing and not actually develop their character.

Additional information:

ADMINEDIT: Being considered, would love to see suggestions on how to implement it a % of time, flat number of hours or any others ideas. 

Edited by MomoIsHere
added the 'adminedit'
  • Upvote 14
  • Applaud 1

Agree to this, was dissapointed when I logged in the next day and my time was served.

At least half of your jailtime should be (if not all) when you're actually in game, it feels like there is almost no consequence for crime if I can just OOcly avoid the whole sentancing.

1 minute ago, martkos said:

At least half of your jailtime should be (if not all) when you're actually in game, it feels like there is almost no consequence for crime if I can just OOcly avoid the whole sentancing.

I disagree with half of it because if you get a 5 irl month jail you'd have to spend 2.5 months worth of hours in game. 

Maybe there should be a flat number? Like 5 hours minimum before you can be released?

Yeah some of them are rather long, which I like because it gives people a reason to fear crime in general. But the percentage idea you suggested would be best and easiest to implement I imagine.

It hinders prison factions greatly the way it is now. For instance why would a sureno gang pay for prison protection when they litterally can just avoid it rendering the Mexican mafia useless. I'm sure most would go along with said RP for the sake of realism and the roleplay of the server, but in theory people could go that route and avoid any jail/prison RP entirely.

4 hours ago, Max3 said:

Short description: Force players to spend a certain percentage of their jail time in prison to prevent people from not logging onto their character to avoid interacting with other, more active groups they are enemies with or just prison groups in general.

Detailed description: Same as said above, it doesn’t have to be long but the fact that players can still NPC the whole jail process by not logging in for extended periods of time seems a little unrealistic to me and cuts the character development for everyone.

Commands to add: None

Items to add: None

How would your suggestion improve the server?: It’d force groups to role play during their stay in jail instead of inactive the whole thing and not actually develop their character.

Additional information:

This was promised back in the day. They said that longer sentences - without an offline tick-off - will be implemented  if an actual prison is to be built and people don't need to stay in Mission Row anymore. The time is now @Nervous + @Brett

No. Dont force the rest of us into this. Do you guys not remember lsrp? The average player wont want to do 5 hrs of prison rp. I dont even want to do 5 hrs of rp in the same place period. People will just get bored. 

You have given 0 actual good reasons for it being by force. If your reason is development, then by that logic why are PKs even a thing? The reason this isn’t a ck only server is because it would get boring.

if this is implemented you will just have people afking, getting banned for afk, more people quitting to avoid jailtime. Ect. Right now jail is not boring, you rp a little and can go offline when you want and it’ll be done. If you made it forced, it would benefit literally 0 people.

Not to mention the Ooc punishment aspect. You’re essentially saying: you broke a rule icly, now we will punish you oocly so you dont do that again.

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 6
1 hour ago, Shekh said:

No. Dont force the rest of us into this. Do you guys not remember lsrp? The average player wont want to do 5 hrs of prison rp. I dont even want to do 5 hrs of rp in the same place period. People will just get bored. 

You have given 0 actual good reasons for it being by force. If your reason is development, then by that logic why are PKs even a thing? The reason this isn’t a ck only server is because it would get boring.

if this is implemented you will just have people afking, getting banned for afk, more people quitting to avoid jailtime. Ect. Right now jail is not boring, you rp a little and can go offline when you want and it’ll be done. If you made it forced, it would benefit literally 0 people.

Not to mention the Ooc punishment aspect. You’re essentially saying: you broke a rule icly, now we will punish you oocly so you dont do that again.

It would force people to do smarter criminal RP. It would cut down on the trolls and people who drive like maniacs(This one possibly not). 

1 hour ago, Shekh said:

It makes people actually think before they do a crime. People won’t run because they want to have some excitement for no apparent reason. People won’t rob someone in the middle of Alta. It’ll actually benefit a lot. 

• MomoIsHere changed the title to Force a % of prison sentence to be IC [G]
  • mj2002 locked this topic