Tackling System

CloutToken

The main issue I always had with such script is the annoying falling down/ragdoll every single time, whether the tackle is successful or not. 

I wouldn't want the version where the GTA ragdoll is used, makes no sense for someone to go head first onto the concrete when you fail/succeed in a tackle, looks very stupid to me. 

I refer to this:

https://m.imgur.com/PrEkrRg

Edited by Tseard
On 8/29/2019 at 5:58 PM, PackAttack said:

Yeah, it's more realistic. Tasers being used is pretty uncommon IRL and police instead opt for hands on or tackling.

Are you sure?

On 8/29/2019 at 8:08 PM, Humour said:

Possibly this could be linked with the Police K9 dogs as well, so they finally have an actual use during foot pursuits.

Strong yes. We would give a concrete sense for the first time to a division with a lot of untapped potential.

In theory, It'd be a great addition and allow on-foot pursuits to have a logical ending besides the use of a tazer or just outright shooting someone. 

However, I feel the implementation of a system like this would prove to be extremely tricky. You'd need cooldowns in place and a bunch of other things in order to appease both criminals and police. 

It's a good idea, though. I just feel like it'll cause more trouble than it's worth.

5 hours ago, reckless said:

Are you sure?

I cannot see any Los Angeles Police Department clips in that video. Smaller departments may tase in foot pursuits but the LAPD doesn't, and the LSPD is literally the LAPD in the GTAW universe. The LAPD only use their taser against resisting and uncompliant subjects, not during foot pursuits. Also note, in the video, a large chunk of the videos are not in foot pursuits and instead against uncompliant subjects or subjects with melee weapons.

I'm honestly down to implement it only for law enforcement. Or, better yet, implement rules regarding how to use /tackle and misuse of it and be strict on misuse.

I disagree with K9 being used in foot pursuits though. I think that promotes too much of a play-to-win attitude, and as realistic as it is, it'd be too easy for us as law enforcement to win.