Tackling System

CloutToken

Simple concept really, you’d use /tackle (/tkl as an alias) to go into tackling mode and if you get close enough to the player you can press a designated hotkey which would then force you to launch forward.

(Credits to Rozi for the example)

PrEkrRg.gif

If you're close enough, it will cause the player to be tackled down and do an automatic /me confirming the action, and if not, you'll just launch into the ground, embarrassing yourself around your fellow colleagues. Worked great on previous RP servers and gave the police a new way to take down suspects besides always being forced to crank out the taser and keep shooting until they're down, as well as give for some pretty good police chases. The only issue I could think of that players may come across is client sync.

(Note: I'm suggesting for this to be added for everybody, and not just LEO factions)

Edited by CloutToken
1 hour ago, 3Aces said:

nah I’m good...

wanna give a reason at least

1 hour ago, Trout said:

Never seen anyone powergaming their way to avoid a tackle/punch/kick before in an emote so it might not be very needed. But that's only my experience.

its still a lot more convenient and much more appealing than having to get /me tackles X ready every time + people can come up with dumb excuses such as "i didn't see the /me" or "you werent close enough sorry"

10 hours ago, CloutToken said:

Simple concept really, you’d use /tackle (/tkl as an alias) and if you get close enough to the player you can press a designated hotkey which would force them to drop to the ground with you leaping on top of them. Worked great on LSRP and gave the police a new way to take down suspects besides always using tasers. The only issue I could think of that players may come across is client sync.

Possibly this could be linked with the Police K9 dogs as well, so they finally have an actual use during foot pursuits.

Honestly? Tackling can be good and bad. The good being that there's a system in place for officers to tackle or anyone else for that matter (tackling shouldn't be exclusive to cops), the bad is being that it can't be fought against if you're no the receiving in.

If they ever do add tackling, I'd prefer it to be based on a chance system that your character tackles someone and not only that I don't want a 5'1 character tackling a 6'7 character. (Exaggerated heights but my point still stands.)

Could be a nice feature. 

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 11:30 PM, Fremie said:

Honestly? Tackling can be good and bad. The good being that there's a system in place for officers to tackle or anyone else for that matter (tackling shouldn't be exclusive to cops), the bad is being that it can't be fought against if you're no the receiving in.

If they ever do add tackling, I'd prefer it to be based on a chance system that your character tackles someone and not only that I don't want a 5'1 character tackling a 6'7 character. (Exaggerated heights but my point still stands.)

I have the same opinion as yours +1. Some people can RP tackling a fat and big man/woman while they have small bodies. But eventually, it shows you who's a real RPer and who's not. 

• Upvote 1