Tackling System

CloutToken

On 8/29/2019 at 11:58 AM, PackAttack said:

Yeah, it's more realistic. Tasers being used is pretty uncommon IRL and police instead opt for hands on or tackling.

In all honesty, within the U.S., tasers are becoming overused as Law enforcement officers resort to withdrawing the weapon whenever they suspect that a person is becoming non-compliant.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Winslow said:

I think a tackle command can easily be abused from previous experience, I'd like to see rules and regulations placed in if this were accepted.

Just how the command can be easily abused in game, anyone can tackle anyone on the street, but if you go around tackling random people in real life for no reason you're going to get your face bashed in. The only time I think tackling should be not allowed is when someone is actively shooting at you and you are running side to side to get to him and tackle him before he kills you, but anything else should not  be regulated since there are IC consequences to tackling people for no reason.

On the main suggestion, I'm all for this and It can be implemented better than an actual command. When you press R you ragdoll. If you are sprinting and jumping, then you hold R, you get launched forward a bit, reasonable distances. I believe that can be used as a tackle. Basically when a player gets hit by another player that is in ragdoll, he gets placed in the ragdoll state as well.

Basically: 

player.isRagdoll();

player.setToRagdoll(time1, time2, ragdollType, p4, p5, p6);

PrEkrRg.gif

Edited by Rozi
On 8/31/2019 at 8:35 PM, Matthew said:

They may be common but they are not used in foot pursuits, at least in the LAPD. It's even worse to see beanbags being used in foot pursuits. This is a great alternative.

Eh, it's very common for an officer to discharge his taser during a foot pursuit.

8 hours ago, Rozi said:

Just how the command can be easily abused in game, anyone can tackle anyone on the street, but if you go around tackling random people in real life for no reason you're going to get your face bashed in. The only time I think tackling should be not allowed is when someone is actively shooting at you and you are running side to side to get to him and tackle him before he kills you, but anything else should not  be regulated since there are IC consequences to tackling people for no reason.

On the main suggestion, I'm all for this and It can be implemented better than an actual command. When you press R you ragdoll. If you are sprinting and jumping, then you hold R, you get launched forward a bit, reasonable distances. I believe that can be used as a tackle. Basically when a player gets hit by another player that is in ragdoll, he gets placed in the ragdoll state as well.

Basically: 

player.isRagdoll();

player.setToRagdoll(time1, time2, ragdollType, p4, p5, p6);

PrEkrRg.gif

I get where you're coming from.