Where does everyone seem to roleplay?

I agree that too much stuff happens in interiors, people feel subconciously safer there. You can't get reported nor trolled in them, it's a controlled space. LSPD could step it up also. Seen like 1 patrol car in front of a club, while 4 or 5 were open. Haven't seen any patrol cars looking for speeding drivers, and there's a lot. Are there any investigations going on? to take down gangs and any other illegal organization? Patrolling is nice, but they should have other stuff as well, they got the resources.

14 hours ago, Coni said:

Not a cop. Very social character. 

Still the streets are dead to me too. 260 players should not feel as empty as it does. Whats the cause? I cant tell. Maybe 200/260 are gang bangers and roleplay around rancho / buerro. 

Maybe its because you have 100 small 5 member factions that stick to themselves. Maybe people keep busy with generating income and simply dont rp as much as youd expect. 

Maybe the Number is a lie? Didnt take the administration for this type but maybe its only 100 players and the rest is a magic trick to fool us. 

Maybe the map is just too big for such a "small" playerbase. 

LSRP had 500+ players a couple years ago on a Los Santos interpretation that was propably half as big as the GTA 5 version. That felt lively but even then only on the east side. The west side was nearly dead even at 500+ players. Now we look here and got double the city with half the players.

I dont know what it is but I bet the admins got the statistics to analyse the cause if they deem it an issue. 

It's not about number of people or RP visibility its about quality roleplay. Some scenes are worth waiting all night for.

And if we want to go on the "small playerbase". Try RPing here when it was GT-MP after launch, does 50 players max sound better? ? 

be greatful for what we have right now, management are putting in a shift for all these fancy updates that everyone takes for granted.

We had none of that for the longest time.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Critchalee said:

It's not about number of people or RP visibility its about quality roleplay. Some scenes are worth waiting all night for.

Sometimes I stay on patrol longer than I should just for a chance to shoot people in Forum Drive (don't tell anyone else that though!)

28 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Whenever I'm on, I'm either at the gun store in La Mesa, doing shooting range stuff or just driving around. I just don't see the joy in nightclubs anymore really, they're overdone, too many of them. 

Don't you have any friends to RP with? There are jobs in game also, you could meet people in those too.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Don't you have any friends to RP with? There are jobs in game also, you could meet people in those too.

Since I partly own the gun store so I can't scriptly work other jobs, and I do have some friends, but it's hard to match up decent times. 

1 hour ago, Critchalee said:

And if we want to go on the "small playerbase". Try RPing here when it was GT-MP after launch, does 50 players max sound better? ? 

be greatful for what we have right now, management are putting in a shift for all these fancy updates that everyone takes for granted.

We had none of that for the longest time.

I was just adding to the discussion and possible chances. No point in telling me to be grateful. I will express my gratefulness in due time (saw no point in doing it before my two weeks vacation im currently at). 

I know that some scenes are worth waiting for. But I also know that its great for immersion when a city feels alive. RP doesnt have to be experienced actively all the time. Seeing someone lean into a car to sell drugs, two guys fight infront of a club or a traffic control are all great to see and immerses me even if I only participate passively. 

And to the playerbase thing - I started on SA:MP LSRP 2008 when it was 30-50 players so I know exactly how it is ?