Force players to use /attributes after character creation

In principle, I agree, but I think it ought to be implemented slightly differently like @Coni is suggesting--a separate command to view someone's description, which would be an open playing field to describe a character (things like gait, the scent of their perfume, wounds, specific tattoos, a certain tick or stutter, etc.), and one to view hard, (semi) permanent attributes: height, weight, eye color, hair color, so on and so forth.

Most all of our characters are WYSIWYG, besides tattoos or effects that can't be put in to the game for one reason or another. What I'd really appreciate is some kind of list that clearly states hard information so I can assess them properly and not try to punch someone with 100 pounds on me.

• 2 weeks later...

I heavily support this idea considering that I am tired of approaching slim-looking cholos that randomly state, during the MIDDLE of a roleplay session, "/do Would be a 300-pound body-builder with veins popping out of his neck"

• Applaud 1

I am in huge support of this. I encounter so many people who don’t use /attributes and it’s crazy to me. I feel this should be a requirement, not a “if you feel like it”. As @DLimit said above, it’s much better to see this before engaging in such role play. As you would in real life, you’d be able to see this person being 300 lbs. The /attributes feature allows people to establish their character. Everyone should have it filled out.

Just thought of this a while ago. A simple CEF box could be made post character creation and without filling it one may not proceed further.

For the current playerbase, of course all of us need to fill people in unaware but just how you get a simple reminder for unpaid citations, the same for attributes would solve this to a great extent too

Edited by Flow
  • 9 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic