Realistic Vehicles - Pricing Points

Some prices are ridiculous, for example, who buys the blista if for a little more he has a sultan that is better in everything?  or a sentinel, or zion, or the contender for 220k, nobody buys the contender if there are better cars for less price.

Result? Everyone with the same car.

And no, i'm not talking about the economy, i'm talking about the prices, why a Classic Jester cost 196k and Classic Sentinel 90k? Both are classic sports, both are fast, both are rares, there is no point for those price differences.

Edited by Jennie
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Some prices are ridiculous, for example, who buys the blista if for a little more he has a sultan that is better in everything?  or a sentinel, or zion, or the contender for 220k, nobody buys the contender if there are better cars for less price.

Result? Everyone with the same car.

And no, i'm not talking about the economy, i'm talking about the prices, why a Classic Jester cost 196k and Classic Sentinel 90k? Both are classic sports, both are fast, both are rares, there is no point for those price differences.

Exactly what I was getting at. In addition to that, I’m also lobbying for more realistic car prices not because people can’t afford them, but because it would encourage people to buy from a larger selection of cars sooner and then realistically RP becoming successful (if that’s where your story takes you) to buy a nicer car later on. A lot of people will want to keep the more affordable cars just for the sake of their RP. 

Edited by Pollster

In the FD we are placed in a realistic economy surrounded by a completely unrealistic one. We get 30k every 7 days if we do 20 hours in that week. Now for some that may seem fine but when you put into account the prices of doing things outside of FD it's attrocious. 

500 to enter some clubs, had a taxi that cost me 1400, refills cost like 300. It all adds up and leaves you with very little to spend on a new vehicle, which could end up taking a copious amount of weeks to accumulate the funds. Even then the purchases have to be approved with a solid ICly reason to own such asset.

I would love to see a revamp on vehicle prices and prices in general though this will most likely never happen.

Everything related to vehicles has always been the weak point of GTAW, especially pricing, I have no idea what those prices were based on, but they're awful and sadly, it will be hard to change that even though I wish they did. Same goes to the prices of customizations, they're flat out retarded, sorry but it is what it is. Other than that yes. PLEASE fix those ridiculous prices.

1 hour ago, Lance said:

Everything related to vehicles has always been the weak point of GTAW, especially pricing, I have no idea what those prices were based on, but they're awful and sadly, it will be hard to change that even though I wish they did. Same goes to the prices of customizations, they're flat out retarded, sorry but it is what it is. Other than that yes. PLEASE fix those ridiculous prices.

Why do you think it would be hard to change it? Sincere question. I’m curious as to why that would be hard to do. Have a group re-evaluate it and put some hard thought into it, then just pull the trigger on it. It would be such a benefit to the server. I feel, as you do, that it’s something that could help start a domino effect of good changes. 

Still would love to hear from the GTAW team on this.

Edited by Pollster

I'm sure at some point someone will likely look into adjusting the vehicle prices again using more factors than just speed. While speed is genuinely important considering that's what the general person may base their purchases around. There are some outlier cases where it's strange that the speed of a vehicle doesn't correlate with the price. My favorite case study on this subject is the Dominator GTX. This car is probably everything you ever heard a Ricer could be. Sounds fast, looks fast, breaks down during a quarter mile. The vehicle is so completely underwhelming yet is priced at what I believe is 290k. The regular dominator is actually much faster and equally nearly as good of a handling and is priced at about 61k or so. Perhaps it was priced this way because upon it's inception to the server it was a new vehicle however, the vehicle is extremely poor performing and assuming it's base price would be 90k, You're basically paying 200k for the looks and that's not including the registration fee. Since the upkeep of insurance is monthly, it's not as big of a hit as it used to be when it was weekly and was at least 15k a week for what is realistically a 26,000$ car. 

Overall unless the actual economy of the server gets turned to a realistic one which would probably require an actual economist at the current rate of inflation, the best bet would be to have a team of people on staff dedicated to re-adjusting the prices to server economy standards so that it makes sense and is affordable to the right people. 

9 hours ago, Pollster said:

Why do you think it would be hard to change it? Sincere question. I’m curious as to why that would be hard to do. Have a group re-evaluate it and put some hard thought into it, then just pull the trigger on it. It would be such a benefit to the server. I feel, as you do, that it’s something that could help start a domino effect of good changes. 

I'm not sure of course, but prices are as fucked up as humanly possible, meaning they'll need to change a lot of prices, if they just change them at once, some people will start a shitshow because their 50k car is 15k now, people who get their vehicle piece higher will start selling everything, it could ruin the economy, since at least 50% of the players on this server are focused on virtual currency and their fast sports cars. Still, I'm not sure if it would be like that, but I've been playing on this server since day one and from what i learned, it's a strong possibility. 

Edit: By the way, a good sized truck is much cheaper than most of the sedans. Can't get much worse than that.

Edited by Lance
3 hours ago, Jedai said:

I'm sure at some point someone will likely look into adjusting the vehicle prices again using more factors than just speed. While speed is genuinely important considering that's what the general person may base their purchases around. There are some outlier cases where it's strange that the speed of a vehicle doesn't correlate with the price. My favorite case study on this subject is the Dominator GTX. This car is probably everything you ever heard a Ricer could be. Sounds fast, looks fast, breaks down during a quarter mile. The vehicle is so completely underwhelming yet is priced at what I believe is 290k. The regular dominator is actually much faster and equally nearly as good of a handling and is priced at about 61k or so. Perhaps it was priced this way because upon it's inception to the server it was a new vehicle however, the vehicle is extremely poor performing and assuming it's base price would be 90k, You're basically paying 200k for the looks and that's not including the registration fee. Since the upkeep of insurance is monthly, it's not as big of a hit as it used to be when it was weekly and was at least 15k a week for what is realistically a 26,000$ car.

I completely agree with this, you only pay for the looks in regards to this car. There are a few others like this too.

Take the Schafter V12, highest speed out of all the cars and set at $180,000. Compare this to the likes of a carbonizzare which costs $275,000 and the difference is noticeable. Yes the textures and detail are a little better but if pricing was based on speed, the V12 should be not far off the Pariah.

I would love to see the Carbonizzare sub $200,000 purely for the fact that performance wise it's quite average for a luxury car. Obviously this is just one example but there are lots of other cars in the same range. 

9 hours ago, Pollster said:

My opinion on this is the fact that people who already have these mental priced cars will most likely complain that the value has dropped significantly. 

I fully support this statement but at the same time, wonder if the staff would actually take time and set up a dedicated team to go through it. 

The fact that this is a Heavy RP server and people drive around in such flashy sport cars without any real story as to why they own one is an issue in its own. Prices should be altered to stop the new upcoming people abusing the 5k checks and buying these cars.

Maybe roll out the prices in phases and eventually do away with the 5k checks, so that way people actually have to find a job and build up their success? Just a thought also.

16 minutes ago, JayO said:

I completely agree with this, you only pay for the looks in regards to this car. There are a few others like this too.

Take the Schafter V12, highest speed out of all the cars and set at $180,000. Compare this to the likes of a carbonizzare which costs $275,000 and the difference is noticeable. Yes the textures and detail are a little better but if pricing was based on speed, the V12 should be not far off the Pariah.

I would love to see the Carbonizzare sub $200,000 purely for the fact that performance wise it's quite average for a luxury car. Obviously this is just one example but there are lots of other cars in the same range. 

My opinion on this is the fact that people who already have these mental priced cars will most likely complain that the value has dropped significantly. 

I fully support this statement but at the same time, wonder if the staff would actually take time and set up a dedicated team to go through it. 

The fact that this is a Heavy RP server and people drive around in such flashy sport cars without any real story as to why they own one is an issue in its own. Prices should be altered to stop the new upcoming people abusing the 5k checks and buying these cars.

Maybe roll out the prices in phases and eventually do away with the 5k checks, so that way people actually have to find a job and build up their success? Just a thought also.

Excuse me? Hi welcome to the world we don't have any good jobs scripted? 

And I agree with rest of point, if we are going to change prices then make sure to add new jobs, everyone in this server is just grinding money from mining or courier. We need to add more cmds for FD, we need arms dealer job and drugs job, cocaine meth, heroine. Since the day one I haven't seen any gangs around ( we need gangs, cuz without them cops r boored )

Idk why I'm even saying this nervous came from LS-RP he knows better then me that we need these things.

All I see is alot mechanic shops, clubs and that's it. (It's booooring)