Driving in a roleplay server

my character drives at dangerous retard speeds all the time due to the fact that she's a drugged up sociopath with a deathwish and literal go fast addiction

all these other people going fast make me less special. not cool man

• Upvote 1
On 5/5/2019 at 12:21 PM, Triple Seven said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one that deals with players on an almost daily, if not daily basis that slam into other players and/or their vehicles and simply blame desync, lag or whatever else to not have to RP driving. It’s lately gotten to a point where a lot of situations are voided solely due to this supposed desync.

My opinion is pretty simple: if you choose to let your character drive like a moron going near or over 100mph in the city and you hit someone it’s your own fault. Yes RageMP has flaws, yes your pc might not be able to handle loading it in fast enough (all the more reason to take slowing down as a good option), but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to roleplay driving and crashes. “/b you want to RP that?” Is used too often. Of course you do, you’re on an RP server.

share your opinions.

Honestly, I personally if I slam into someone, I stop, check if the person wants to Roleplay the crash, if he says yes we roleplay it, if he avoids it, then sure I'll skip it. But I honestly understand you.

7 hours ago, Hour said:

my character drives at dangerous retard speeds all the time due to the fact that she's a drugged up sociopath with a deathwish and literal go fast addiction

all these other people going fast make me less special. not cool man

I'm curious. Did this behavior come from the character? or was the character created to feed your personal ooc need?

The thing is, talking about it wont change anything, this is something that both the PD and staff team should have taken care of since day 1 of the server. By which I mean, stricter IC punishment for driving like a moron and a crack down on non-rp driving.

Now before anyone goes and stars a-jailing people for driving fast through the city, there should be a limit and obvious common sense taken into consideration. It is not rare for people to be speeding in a city (TO A CERTAIN POINT), nobody does really drive at a 120 billion miles an hour IRL through a city, I personally take speeding in a different view to everyone else here. On the highway or a less active road like the one's out in the sticks around Sandy Shores / Route 68, I'll slam my foot to the ground if I see no cars and slow down if I see headlights or taillights. In the city, the most I'll be speeding by is like 10-20 mph and usually only because of my character needing to go somewhere quicker than usual. So keeping in mind by how much a person speeds determines how should it be handled, if it's 10-20-30mphs over the speed limit (which is 50mph in the city) then it should be dealt with by the PD.

The second thing to keep in mind is HOW, the person is driving. If they run over every intersection, slam through poles, drift, crash into random things out of their own idiotic and senseless failure then yes, of course that's more of an OOC thing that should be dealt with by the admins because when is the last time you saw someone just casually drifting in a high density city on the streets during daytime like there's nothing to lose? The last time I saw that was when Ken Block did his gymkhana's on CLOSED public roads.

So...
Admins: Step up your game.
PD: Step up your game.
Players: Chill the fuck out.

man at the end of the day this shits a game, yeah it's meant to emulate real life but it's still a game i can bet my life savings that if we replicated real life 100% this game would be boring to shit and the playerbase would die quicker than kurt cobain. 

if someone is trying to drive from their house to a 24/7 so they can buy a bat, of course, they're gonna bolt it because driving exactly how you would in real life takes you hours. It's not fun to drive slowly and drudge through Los Santos so you can do a small task. yes i can see people getting frustrated at someone smashing into their car at 100mph and then driving off and not wanting to roleplay, but at the same time would you rather force them to roleplay and have to go through some sloppy lines because they don't want to be there? I highly doubt you would. instead of complaining and trying to force people to roleplay boring shit (yes MVA RP is fucking boring it's always the same thing. /me airbag pops out, /me call 911, /me help person). I'm not saying don't enforce realism. But only enforce realism where it's necessary. 

Edited by shotgun_sam
  • Perky locked this topic