Stealing Vehicles and /FixVeh

Message added by Vindicator,

Keep the suggestion on topic to the suggestion. Comments that derail the thread or violate the common courtesty rule from this point on will be met with warnings. 

20 minutes ago, LoudWhisper said:

I use that feature a lot when injured too. Cause more and more people arrive and they ask what they see.

I do that all the time, mostly  cuz I've noticed that even if you repeat your /me describing your injuries, people still seem to miss it.

Also doing a /createscene is a great idea, I'll start doing that. Kinda wish we could have it done automatically, like when we set shit on fire.

Man, I remember when RP wasn't 90% of OOC fuckery. 

People seem to forget that in LSRP, your cars actually took damage that you had to repair, you had to properly park your vehicles and couldn't just teleport them to you at a moments notice. Now everyone is just way too lazy to drive their cars back to their apartments or watch where they drive. People damage their cars and just /vp and /vg, pretending nothing happened. 

all the same applies to /fixveh. Just ruins a lot of proper RP. 

• Upvote 4

Just make it so when you do /fixveh, it needs an admin to confirm it, much like /sendtohospital needs someone from FD or PHMC to confirm it in most cases. Problem solved. And before anyone says "It just adds to admins work load", it would take 5 seconds to do.

1 minute ago, PeopleKind said:

Just make it so when you do /fixveh, it needs an admin to confirm it, much like /sendtohospital needs someone from FD or PHMC to confirm it in most cases. Problem solved. And before anyone says "It just adds to admins work load", it would take 5 seconds to do.

punish the abusers, not the community.

1 minute ago, sky~ said:

punish the abusers, not the community.

99% of people using /fixveh are abusing it so that counters your statement there. /fixveh is for bugs, literally everyone I've seen using /fixveh uses it just to bring their car to themselves. As petty as it is, it's still abuse of the command.

• Upvote 3

Fixveh is a very useful command and I don't agree that people "abuse" it.  If I have some fun RP in Paleto and then go to sleep OOCly....next day I click to spawn at my house.  Should I really have to RP that my car is still in Paleto?  Why couldn't my character have driven back home in the background?  I don't really see who is harmed by this, other than perhaps a taxi driver who might have to drive me back to Paleto the next day, for no IC reason that makes any sense.

• Upvote 4
35 minutes ago, PeopleKind said:

99% of people using /fixveh are abusing it so that counters your statement there. /fixveh is for bugs, literally everyone I've seen using /fixveh uses it just to bring their car to themselves. As petty as it is, it's still abuse of the command.

25 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

Fixveh is a very useful command and I don't agree that people "abuse" it.  If I have some fun RP in Paleto and then go to sleep OOCly....next day I click to spawn at my house.  Should I really have to RP that my car is still in Paleto?  Why couldn't my character have driven back home in the background?  I don't really see who is harmed by this, other than perhaps a taxi driver who might have to drive me back to Paleto the next day, for no IC reason that makes any sense.

pretty much sums it up. Plus let's not forget that cars tend to bug quite often because of other people parking on the same spot. Restricting fixveh would only be worth it, if all player cars stayed spawned 24/7 which isn't the case. Though even then, issues may still arise.