How do you even enjoy GTAW?

Jerm124

I usually stay inside my own bubble of people I RP with and I ignore the ones that ruin the experience for everyone. However I can't even mow my own lawn without some wannabe gangbanger approaching me in an attempt to my character. Seriously what's up with that. 

• Upvote 1

I usually RP with myself and I've been doing that ever since I made my new character. I usually visit open businesses that match my character's style and I interact with people. I would tell you the classic thing that everybody says "Join a faction" which is the only solution but as a civilian you can't do much unless you wanna turn your character into an illegal one and do some street racing or other illegal activities. Roleplaying on GTA V has its pros and cons. You have lots of RP opportunities but the map is too big and if you are looking for people to RP it is less likely to find someone to RP with because people will be either in a house, out in the county or at one of the many places that you didn't know it exists and if you find them you will be lucky if they are open to RP with you.

My character has been ignored twice by people so far so yeah, you can find some roleplay but it's not that easy.

• Upvote 2

I think everyone should have a legal character alt that they periodically go on in order to have an opportunity to create RP for yourself and for others and to be able to have resources available to the rest of the city's inhabitants. For example, everyone loves owning a business and getting a license but no-one wants to be the ones issuing those licenses, same thing with killing people and creating corpses yet no-one wants to be a coroner. Fire department same thing, Public Works, Parking Enforcement, so many other opportunities that would allow people to create unique RP at their own discretion without the obvious "Cops and Robbers" style of illegal RP or LEO RP. You can also RP a civilian through and through by being in a legal and or government faction both on duty and off duty, if that's what you do anyway and typically these positions are straightforward with an easy application and quick training so you can delve into the RP quite fast and you get paid a decent weekly salary. Food for thought to those unhappy and unsure of what to do. 

• Upvote 1

Get a job in a bar, or get your GC/PF licenses and apply for security work in bars/businesses, I've been with The Blue Lion for MONTHS and I can sign up and do security work whenever they have an open. Or you can advertise your services as a bartender / security guard, without having to actually join a faction. Thats what I do a lot.

What the person above me wrote; become a bartender. It's by far one of the most social jobs you can find in the city, almost every day you come across an ad from a bar/club that's looking to hire a bartender. Spark up a conversation with the patrons you're serving and make it a fun scene for them, most customers are already in their "own bubble" aka friends group/faction but make it a fun, quick back & forth and you might get somewhere. And of course, if bartending is not your thing, there are a lot of other "social" jobs out there you could take on like the examples that have already been mentioned before. It's all about how you carry yourself/your roleplay, a lot of people want to be fed roleplay (scenes) so if you can manage to create roleplay for the players around you, you'll be guaranteed to make lasting IC connections. 

• Upvote 1