Despawning cars with weapons inside

Personally would love to see this be expanded to include a single pistol with limited ammo. If someone's storing a singular pistol in a vehicle, it's most likely a CCW carrier having to store their weapon on account of going into a property that prohibits them. Despawning cars in such scenarios would only be for the purpose of reducing lag, at least it is in my experience.

In agreement with the melee weapons being removed. Though I'd love to see the above be considered as well.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Vindicator said:

Personally would love to see this be expanded to include a single pistol with limited ammo. If someone's storing a singular pistol in a vehicle, it's most likely a CCW carrier having to store their weapon on account of going into a property that prohibits them. Despawning cars in such scenarios would only be for the purpose of reducing lag, at least it is in my experience.

In agreement with the melee weapons being removed. Though I'd love to see the above be considered as well.

This. I never carry a CCW on my LEO character because I can’t store it with without leaving a car spawned for hours that I likely won’t get back into. I lost my one and only CCW when I got killed with it on me while on duty 2 months ago and haven’t bought another since. 

@Naryu that’s an awesome idea. I actually bought a lockbox from Ammunation months ago, thinking that having one would let me store my gun in the car. Did not work sadly. I fully support this idea!

Edited by Young
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Young said:

I actually bought a lockbox from Ammunation months ago, thinking that having one would let me store my gun in the car.

Lockboxes imho do add a bit of realism when storing weapons in your car, plus it obfuscates what's inside the lockbox (though one can make an educated guess, it's not a guarantee).

Regardless though I'd love to see the ability to /vp with a single weapon inside, which one could argue 9/10 times is a CCW weapon that's being stored. Or a gang member's protection piece. If it's a single gun with some ammo I wouldn't mind, just don't expand the limits beyond that to prevent entire stashes from being inside a /vp'ed car. Maybe they could limit it to /vp'ing only when the gun is in a lockbox. That way we'd be tied to the storage limits of the lockbox, which to my memory only allows for 1-2 handguns to be stored anyway. It'd just need a way for illegal RP'ers to get one too so it's balanced.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Vindicator said:

Lockboxes imho do add a bit of realism when storing weapons in your car, plus it obfuscates what's inside the lockbox (though one can make an educated guess, it's not a guarantee).

Regardless though I'd love to see the ability to /vp with a single weapon inside, which one could argue 9/10 times is a CCW weapon that's being stored. Or a gang member's protection piece. If it's a single gun with some ammo I wouldn't mind, just don't expand the limits beyond that to prevent entire stashes from being inside a /vp'ed car. Maybe they could limit it to /vp'ing only when the gun is in a lockbox. That way we'd be tied to the storage limits of the lockbox, which to my memory only allows for 1-2 handguns to be stored anyway. It'd just need a way for illegal RP'ers to get one too so it's balanced.

I think the suggestion of the lockbox limitation is a smart one, and I wholeheartedly agree with it. 

+1

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Cartoonhead said:

+1 to the lockbox thing. Give them an actual reason to exist and cost as much as they do. Since you can just yoink the lockbox and crack it later.

Yeah, they’re pricey! Plus realistically and per SA law, CCWs should be in lockboxes if they’re left in a car. 

Edited by Young