Despawning cars with weapons inside

Detailed Description

Allow players to store 1-2 weapons inside vehicles. At least make this the case for melee weapons since everything from a screwdriver to 

Relevant Commands/Items

N/A

How will it benefit the server?

It will allow players to despawn their car with something as basic as a screwdriver inside. I am tired of having to run in and out of my property to store 2 crowbars for RP purposes when it could easily be stored inside a vehicle. This becomes even more annoying when I'm at a public event and an admin tells me to despawn my car, but I can't because I have a crowbar inside of it which I used earlier that same day for RP purposes.

I don't see how this could possibly hurt anyone aside from trolls rolling around with bats hidden in their socks pockets which already happens anyway.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, Suraru said:

Counter suggestion. Exclude tools from the "Weapons" list that prevents /vpark.

Baseballs bats included I hope since usually it is not classified as a weapon.

On topic, this was done to prevent people from actually stashing big amounts of weapons inside vehicles as an unraidable location.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Suraru said:

Counter suggestion. Exclude tools from the "Weapons" list that prevents /vpark.

I think that it's hard since they're equipable as weapons. I wanted to suggest that as well, but flashlights and crowbars are weapons by GTA definition and can be found in singleplayer/GTA online too.

Shouldn't be THAT hard. The script checks for weapons and prevents a spawn, which makes things easy.

You could replace that script with an array including all guns and knives, but you'd have to update it every time a mod changes.

I'm not sure how the rageMP API works, but if there's a tag for firearms I'd use that instead of just weapons, since knives aren't that controlled legally anyways.

31 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Melee weapons as well (knives, switch blades)? Because they are considered meelee weapons same as wrench/hammer etc.

No just hardware store items, knives and switchblades represent value due to being harder to obtain. This would in turn motivate people to use vehicles as melee weapon stashes to lower the risk and potential of it being stolen. This would work very well with hardware store items because there's no reason to stockpile items you can obtain whenever you want from an NPC store.