Has anyone noticed the weird lag that plagues the Sandy & South LS areas at peak?

Vash Baldeus

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bring this topic back up, has anyone experienced more frequent crashes after alt-tabbing a few times? I'm playing on borderless windowed.. my game just completely freezes with "application not responding"

Seems to happen more often around peak time, idk what it's about.

• Developer

Few of these issues were forwarded to modding and will be looked into. If possible, it will be fixed in the nearest future, no ETA of course. Other issues (like alt-tab freeze) are not fully related to the server resources, but mostly client - can't help you with that.

• Upvote 3
15 hours ago, 808Masterus said:

Few of these issues were forwarded to modding and will be looked into. If possible, it will be fixed in the nearest future, no ETA of course. Other issues (like alt-tab freeze) are not fully related to the server resources, but mostly client - can't help you with that.

Highly appreciate it, hopefully modding team will fix the issues.

59 minutes ago, Naryu said:

I only notice when passing the air strip. 

That's mainly due to the airfield having all of SAAA hardware spawned. If you go towards the boat house, sanders garage and others at peak hours the area becomes laggy within 30 minutes. Only solution we found so far is F1 >> reconnect, but it returns after 30 minutes. There are other areas in LS itself that are affected with same issue. And one area for certain that was not like this, is now like this post Sandy update, some mods might affect you even if the mod itself is on the other side of the map for whatever reason. (Some people attribute it to lack of LOD of the mods or too high of texture quality)

On 8/31/2023 at 11:45 PM, Vash Baldeus said:

That's mainly due to the airfield having all of SAAA hardware spawned. If you go towards the boat house, sanders garage and others at peak hours the area becomes laggy within 30 minutes. Only solution we found so far is F1 >> reconnect, but it returns after 30 minutes. There are other areas in LS itself that are affected with same issue. And one area for certain that was not like this, is now like this post Sandy update, some mods might affect you even if the mod itself is on the other side of the map for whatever reason. (Some people attribute it to lack of LOD of the mods or too high of texture quality)

The SAAA are not keeping no more than four to six vehicles spawned at any time in the area, from which usually one helicopter and one plane, the other two usually being faction cars of the members being there. Sure, there are other players who visit the area as it is hotspot for aerial roleplay, but it isn't SAAA hardware as you state. In the last week at all times there's maximum six or seven vehicles there. And I personally have not experienced any issues like the aforementioned unless I get closer to Sandy Shores, so the issue is definitely not the airfield.

Edited by Adero
4 hours ago, Adero said:

The SAAA are not keeping no more than four to six vehicles spawned at any time in the area, from which usually one helicopter and one plane, the other two usually being faction cars of the members being there. Sure, there are other players who visit the area as it is hotspot for aerial roleplay, but it isn't SAAA hardware as you state. In the last week at all times there's maximum six or seven vehicles there. And I personally have not experienced any issues like the aforementioned unless I get closer to Sandy Shores, so the issue is definitely not the airfield.

I take that back then, 6 SAAA and rest are vehicles of players who come to roleplay. I usually see at least 5~15 civilian vehicles parked nearby as well, that also affects the drive ability next to the airfield.

Also hello Adero, the one who I accused my char being his doom while teaching how to fly a copter 😅

All I know is that I tried a cop and robbers (chase) server, and I almost had an orgasm seeing how smooth it was, 60 FPS, 0 lagspikes

I understand our server has many more assets and scripts, but, all due respect to our amazing devs and modders, there must be a fuckton of poorly optimized things everywhere