Has anyone noticed the weird lag that plagues the Sandy & South LS areas at peak?

Vash Baldeus

What I am talking about is the weird 1~3 second lag that takes place within 5~30 minutes of you being in the area.

It is something that I have noticed take place after the Sandy mapping update came out, since I personally had game stutter and eventually chat lag that you had to wait couple of seconds before typing.

Now it happens in East LS (Cypress Flats) and even inside interiors mapped in the LS Airport tarmac areas that didn't have any modded mapping added.

I am running the following setup:

• R9 5900X
  • 32GB RAM
  • RTX 3080

Not a slouch of a computer, my FPS is fine, my ping is fine, but it lags after 5~30 minutes of being in the area.

Happens a lot in and around various business. You get very weird input lag, so bad that you randomly withdraw your equipped gun, or you jump around, let alone the fact that it takes 10-15 seconds to send a message... yada-yada. F1 reconnect solves it all the time, but it's very weird. It happens in one certain spot that I can remember off the top of my head - what's more weird is that if you walk just... 10 feet away, you're good - input lag's gone. It happens to all people, not just me personally. Very odd.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, colorlessrainbow said:

Happens a lot in and around various business. You get very weird input lag, so bad that you randomly withdraw your equipped gun, or you jump around, let alone the fact that it takes 10-15 seconds to send a message... yada-yada. F1 reconnect solves it all the time, but it's very weird. It happens in one certain spot that I can remember off the top of my head - what's more weird is that if you walk just... 10 feet away, you're good - input lag's gone. It happens to all people, not just me personally. Very odd.

Experienced the same today, and thought it was my PC.