Rule 10 - Mugging

12 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

And you want them to be out even less? We had an epidemic of cars going around the block looking for victims. There are more criminals than civilians on this server. You'll just make it even worse.

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

I'll give it two months before we're back to criminals leaving in droves and demanding civs be forced out into the open "or we'll leave" just like how it happened until the rule was implemented.

We'll make it worse by letting people's roleplay get micro managed because they can't abandon their car several blocks away and hopping out to go down to the people they plan to rob?

You're comparing a small portion of the illegal scene and generalizing it. You're acting as if every single illegal roleplayer goes around robbing people back to back, parking their vehicle right in front of your face and robbing you. Very bad mindset to have, I've seen a lot of roleplayers do muggings and create some nice roleplay out of it, which develops their character and brings some life to them.

Just trying to find a compromise between the illegal roleplayers and the legal roleplayers, you truly cannot expect illegal roleplayers to just walk ten minutes across the city to rob someone. If you have a suggestion or anything, feel free to add it.

2 hours ago, Cartoonhead said:

-1 Nope, car muggings were dogshit and nobody could even stand on the street without it happening. It's shit rp, find something better to do. 

This. -1.

This is one of those things that has to be micromanaged because, when allowed, it will happen incessantly to everyone at all times.

It's boring and not creative. Do more interesting things as a criminal than driving around robbing people and zipping off so you can "win".

People advocate for realistic robberies and allow the usage of cars, yet complain when it doesn't go in their favour.

You have (m's) rolling around in blacked out torrences in balaclavas and complain when an officer finds a glock in their sock.

They don't provide any quality roleplay that anyone enjoys except the tycoon behaviour ran players.

This is the reason for that rule being there. 

Edited by Jaz
  • Upvote 4
31 minutes ago, frost. said:

You're comparing a small portion of the illegal scene and generalizing it

Source? People keep saying ''small portion'' whenever I bring up a systemic issue. If it was a small portion it wouldn't be a systemic issue.

I roleplayed ONCE in Sandy Shores. ONCE in my whole 5000 hours on this server. And a jeep was going around the streets with 2 masked up dudes looking for someone to rob. What roleplay is to be done in such a situation? Shoot when you see a masked dude jump out of the car?

Cause otherwise you're getting the incredibly riveting " RUN YUH POCKETS CUZ "  RP and there's nothing you can do about it except not play/stay inside.

35 minutes ago, frost. said:

You're acting as if every single illegal roleplayer goes around robbing people back to back, parking their vehicle right in front of your face and robbing you.

Tell you what, I'm willing to support having this rule removed, on the condition that if any one single player that supports the removal of this rule ever complains about the "streets being empty" or some variation of such, the rule will be reintroduced permanently. 

Like, my brother in christ, I was there when the rule was implemented. I was literally one of the criminals, one of the quality muggers that put roleplay experience over profits, and let me tell you, things were at a pretty bad tipping point. The streets were completely empty, and repeating general discussions of "WhY aRe tHe sTrEeTs sO eMpTy?" happening again, and again, and again. Oh, but that wasn't the worst part. The worst part? Criminals couldn't cope, they couldn't really handle the streets being a barren wasteland, so they started eating eachother. It got to a point where even criminals (myself included) couldn't go half a block without someone rolling up in something completely blacked out to rob you of everything. I literally had to explain to three separate groups of muggers in the same hour that they were late to the punch, that everything on my person had already been robbed.

I'm not acting like every single illegal roleplayer goes around robbing people, because I know they don't, not at first. I know that they aren't mature enough to accept limitations, that they can't handle empty streets, and they can't handle losing either, because they'll start leaving too just like criminals did when civilians started leaving the server. This rule came into play to fix a pop-drop that was killing the entire community, and you're stomping in here proving that you haven't even the most basic grasp of the history behind the rule coming into play to begin with by saying "You think it's..." No. I know what happened to warrant the rule because I was one of the muggers that backed it in order to help stabilize the server.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

I think there's a way to come to a good solution without completely bashing the other side and crying wolf. As it currently stands, you're expected to either 

a) rob in your own neighborhood where you would instantly get noticed or 

b) die of a heat stroke because you walked all the way from davis to vinewood to rob someone

Obviously, neither of these are a good option but I understand the legal side of things where robbery roleplay sucks. The fix is truly simple, and I've suggested it a million times by now. 

A lot of times the low-quality robberies happen from people with no faction who aren't here to RP. If you're going to put more 'trust' into illegal groups by making them go through an application remove the vehicle restriction ONLY FOR UNOFFICIAL GROUPS!

Another solution is a clear answer whether I can drive to the location of a robbery and leave my vehicle a block or two down. IFM has said yes, other admins have said no. 

• Upvote 9
3 minutes ago, gang enthusiast said:

I think there's a way to come to a good solution without completely bashing the other side and crying wolf. As it currently stands, you're expected to either 

a) rob in your own neighborhood where you would instantly get noticed or 

b) die of a heat stroke because you walked all the way from davis to vinewood to rob someone

Obviously, neither of these are a good option but I understand the legal side of things where robbery roleplay sucks. The fix is truly simple, and I've suggested it a million times by now. 

A lot of times the low-quality robberies happen from people with no faction who aren't here to RP. If you're going to put more 'trust' into illegal groups by making them go through an application remove the vehicle restriction ONLY FOR UNOFFICIAL GROUPS!

Another solution is a clear answer whether I can drive to the location of a robbery and leave my vehicle a block or two down. IFM has said yes, other admins have said no. 

I actually really like this idea. I think it's a good middle ground. I'd like to see this introduced over allowing anybody to do it.