The Corpse Problem

zaXer.

3 hours ago, Timzii said:

Horrible take. Nobody is interested in doing these calls as they provide no roleplay value or investigation. Might be fun the first 3 time, but when you get 20 calls like these daily, simply no. 

This is honestly sad to read. You're supposed to police the streets, not have fun with a pursuit and shootouts getaway ticket. 

You literally applied to do something you don't want to do and you think it's fine.

It's boring and exhausting yes, that's your job.

I do it IRL and trust me shootouts and pursuits are one of the worst things that can happen on your shift, unlike in game.

Edited by zaXer.
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 3
2 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

This is honestly sad to read. You're supposed to police the streets, not have fun with a pursuit and shootouts getaway ticket. 

You literally applied to do something you don't want to do and you think it's fine.

This isn't a job, it's a hobby. When it stops being fun, you stop doing certain things.

Unfortunately, 99% of dead body calls have 0 followup. It's not fun for an officer to go to a scene, /sendtomorgue, and leave. It simply isn't. It doesn't mean these calls should be ignored, but, the call volume some nights greatly exceeds the priority of a person who's been dead since 3 restarts ago. 

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

I do it IRL and trust me shootouts and pursuits are one of the worst things that can happen on your shift, unlike in game.

"You're not supposed to have fun being police."

-Literally earlier in the same discussion-

"Why don't we have enough police to handle all these bodies? Why won't they listen to our demands?"

There's an extra delicious irony that criminals are now telling cops that police work isn't supposed to be fun, but in the same breath we can't have realistic prison sentences because "rEaLiStIc pRisOn sEnTeNcEs aReN't fUn."

Edited by DasFroggy
1 hour ago, sico said:

sweet man, good job

FatCatTuxedo gave the stats above already, so no need to be that vet anymore. its just a fact that 90% of the time LEO ignores any RP that requires investigating n all.

speaking from personal experience, department of finance reached out to pd like countless time, made agreements n shit. in the end, 0 response. why? it requires investigating scams and shit

tldr: proves my point and this thread

?

I don't remember being contacted by any Government entity regarding financial investigations. So if you would like to actually bring something up, feel free to bring it up to PD leadership.

• Applaud 2
17 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

"You're not supposed to have fun being police."

-Literally earlier in the same discussion-

"Why don't we have enough police to handle all these bodies? Why won't they listen to our demands?"

There's an extra delicious irony that criminals are now telling cops that police work isn't supposed to be fun, but in the same breath we can't have realistic prison sentences because "rEaLiStIc pRisOn sEnTeNcEs aReN't fUn."

17 minutes ago, Kari said:

This isn't a job, it's a hobby. When it stops being fun, you stop doing certain things.

Unfortunately, 99% of dead body calls have 0 followup. It's not fun for an officer to go to a scene, /sendtomorgue, and leave. It simply isn't. It doesn't mean these calls should be ignored, but, the call volume some nights greatly exceeds the priority of a person who's been dead since 3 restarts ago. 

Yes well guess what, that's what you signed up for. All server jobs have a boring side that you have to deal with.

And I'm not an illegal roleplay, I do legal roleplay and often have to resort to police and barely ever get any response.

Edited by zaXer.

I think it's bizarre this discussion has turned into whether or not people who role play as police are doing their jobs, while the real discussion should be about the sheer volume of dead bodies. No one should be any position to talk if they think 40 bodies a day is reasonable. 

Many of us in LEO factions called this update out the moment it was announced as we knew this would be an issue. Overworked and understaffed coroners can't get to bodies quick enough. Investigators often have their hands tied in terms of investigations because of the lack of script support/suspect co-operation on an Out of Character level, (who knew that having to go to the person you suspect of a crime Out of Character and ask them for information that's relevant to the crime would mean they either obfuscate information, ignore you or drop the account all together to get one over on you). 

Investigating a body could easily end up being a 2 hour plus affair and that's just the In Game aspect of it, let alone the hours of investigations, hours of writing up your cases, and then hours (read: days) for a warrant to be approved, hours for an admin to decide they want to be present for your search warrant and then more hours (read: days) for your arrest warrant to be approved. All this and you still don't know if the suspect decides if they don't ever want to log in again on that account.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

that's what you signed up for.

Except it's not. Until criminals enjoy the unfun side of getting caught, I'm going to give cops a pass on skipping the unfun side of being cops.

Saddle up the boring parts for both, or neither.

• Upvote 5
5 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Except it's not. Until criminals enjoy the unfun side of getting caught, I'm going to give cops a pass on skipping the unfun side of being cops.

Saddle up the boring parts for both, or neither.

But to be fair criminals are forced into the unfun side of being caught (unless they get good and escape) whereas they simply don’t have a choice, opposed to PD simply not going to the calls.

7 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Yes well guess what, that's what you signed up for. All server jobs have a boring side that you have to deal with.

And I'm not an illegal roleplay, I do legal roleplay and often have to resort to police and barely ever get any response.

You misunderstand. It isn't just "boring." If it was just "boring," it'd get done. The problem is it's tedious. Busy work. Not to mention, it's nearly impossible to roleplay realistically. And when there's dozens and dozens of similar calls a day, people stop wanting to tie themselves up with the same tedious busy work, and instead want to look for things where they can actually, you know, roleplay and have fun on this server with their likely limited free time.

Shouldn't be expecting anyone to interact with tedious, unfun systems like this. The corpses never should've become permanent without some thought put into what happens if they aren't moved or picked up within a certain timeframe. 

1 minute ago, Helm said:

You misunderstand. It isn't just "boring." If it was just "boring," it'd get done. The problem is it's tedious. Busy work. Not to mention, it's nearly impossible to roleplay realistically. And when there's dozens and dozens of similar calls a day, people stop wanting to tie themselves up with the same tedious busy work, and instead want to look for things where they can actually, you know, roleplay and have fun on this server with their likely limited free time.

Shouldn't be expecting anyone to interact with tedious, unfun systems like this. The corpses never should've become permanent without some thought put into what happens if they aren't moved or picked up within a certain timeframe. 

To build on this, say a corpse has been there for 3 hours. You have literally 0 investigative avenues or stuff that the script provides to make followup investigations worthwhile, minimal data, nothing to go on,  no stuff that you would realistically have to use to follow up on or people to talk to or area CCTV, things like that. Basically, you find a corpse that's been there for for ages, you get nothing out of it, Doing 8 corpse scenes in a row like this has zero roleplay value to you or other players there. There's only so many times you can repeat the same empty, dead ended "hey man, here's a corpse, there's nothing else to go on here, take it away" before you just don't want to do that anymore. You're not getting anything out of it, neither is anyone else involved. It's just not fun.