The Corpse Problem

zaXer.

3 hours ago, Twentybyte said:

Corpses should only be permanent if they're a CK.

PKs should lead to temporary corpses (no longer than an hour) and despawn afterwards.

There's hundreds of bodies a day, when IMO there should be more like a dozen.

Corpses staying after restart is actually helpful. Now they're there to show the extent of the situation.

Now what needs to be done is agree on some guidelines on how corpses should be handled. Not just by LEOs but in general. 

For example, if nobody responds to the 911 call after X time, let the civilians RP the cops and Coroners collecting the body and sending it to the Morgue. Perhaps make a /civsendmorgue command that freezes someone in place for 30sec (so they won't have a benefit of abusing it), automatically writes 2-3 /do, then sends the body to the morgue. 

That way, the workload isn't a hot potato between LEO v. DMEC, but everyone can contribute into "cleaning up the streets"

4 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

Fair enough if that's true. But I don't think dead bodies are not priority XD

This again comes down to the sheer volume. If every dead body on the server got the attention it would IRL, then the rate at which PD/SD would be able to answer other 911 calls short of active shootings would plummet. And that's only for the singular dead body calls, we're not even talking about the frequent Mass Casualty events, or the situations that regularly escalate because so many people think crime scene tape is a polite suggestion and start fighting LEOs on scene.

Seriously guys I cannot stress how out of control the killing on this server is. It's only now coming to the forefront because the bodies won't poof on restart.

Nervous literally said;

“We're testing to keep corpses spawned between restarts to ensure that crime is properly investigated and to bring more roleplay for coroners, while also bringing more roleplay for illegals as you'll have to get rid of corpses in the water for example.”

Test failed I’d say. Crime isn’t properly investigated because bodies don’t leave actionable forensic evidence. They’re just left on the streets with maybe a blood splat and no proper damages listed. We often don’t even the capacity to process the amount of corpses coming in. Coroners are overwhelmed as is and so far the only criminals I’ve seen getting “rid” of corpses are those who throw bodies in their trunk to drag off to loot later. 

• Upvote 8