GTA:World has maintained an interesting '/me' norm.

Mistery14

1 hour ago, Mistery14 said:

this is about having everyone on the same page OOC and ready to react before an IC initiation.

Tried this once. Wanted to give the guys a heads up that Id be giving them a win, just let them straight up shoot me and take my stuff after we were further from the police station.

They told me to cut the /b, and beat my character unconscious for a whopping two dollars. I'd planned to transfer the money from my bank once caught, but decided it was probably needed in the hands of folks with a greater life expectancy.

17 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Tried this once. Wanted to give the guys a heads up that Id be giving them a win, just let them straight up shoot me and take my stuff after we were further from the police station.

They told me to cut the /b, and beat my character unconscious for a whopping two dollars. I'd planned to transfer the money from my bank once caught, but decided it was probably needed in the hands of folks with a greater life expectancy.

Ah yes, the good old "cut /b" when simple information is being said. Yet when things don't go the same player's way, /b suddenly serves as a therapy session for them to vent about how unfair it is. I think /b is useful to communicate, but when people don't even take the effort to work with the person they're roleplaying with, then I just turn everything in their favor and just hit 'record'. It's way less effort than arguing with someone who won't care.

More often than not, people who have full control over a situation will still break the rules to maximize gains. It's pretty funny to me to see someone visibly panic and type half-assed /mes to get it done as fast as possible as they realize they're robbing someone in the open and it might not be the best idea in the world.

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Mistery14 said:

Ah yes, the good old "cut /b" when simple information is being said. Yet when things don't go the same player's way, /b suddenly serves as a therapy session for them to vent about how unfair it is. I think /b is useful to communicate, but when people don't even take the effort to work with the person they're roleplaying with, then I just turn everything in their favor and just hit 'record'. It's way less effort than arguing with someone who won't care.

More often than not, people who have full control over a situation will still break the rules to maximize gains. It's pretty funny to me to see someone visibly panic and type half-assed /mes to get it done as fast as possible as they realize they're robbing someone in the open and it might not be the best idea in the world.

This. ^ Pretty much why I've become so anti social on here when in character and out. 

• Upvote 1