Let's talk about the fuel changes

HappyGecko

Let's try something different... Let's start talking numbers: 

This is the route I usually do, 2-3 times a day, depending on how my RP goes:

e5bc92a1b991838e1f8499cccebf0ea6.jpg

That's 5.36 miles, based on the meter inside my car. Before the change, I haven't refueled for over a week.

After the change, I have the following stats:

b6d71d6bab51ace1a665973b8828c176.png

So, if I'm reading this right, it says that if I drive conservatively, I can do this route approzimately 9-10 times (realistically, let's say 6 plus any other driving around) and if I drive in max acceleration all the time, it's 3 times before I have to refuel.

What are other people's stats along these lines? What's your routes? What is your driving behaviour? This is the information devs need to make a better judgement on how to tweak something not "this sucks, I was already refueling 3 times / day"... Because, honestly, all I can say is HOW MUCH AND HOW FAST HAVE YOU BEEN DRIVING to refuel anything 3 times a day? Maybe there's a different issue there?

But really, let's collect stats. I'll come back and update this post with my stats after I've had a chance to try it out a couple of days.

* What's the usual distance?

* How many times a day?

* What's your speed, usually?

* What's your car's /getfuelconsumption?

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 5

I personally like the idea. It'll bring more roleplay to those working at the LTD's. It's experimental at the moment so the least we can at least give it a fair shot. In my opinion the length of time we got out of a gas tank prior to this update was pretty unrealistic so I'm happy they're trying to fix that.

• Upvote 2

I’ll admit I don’t drive as much as a lot of people, but I do drive enough to have had to refuel. Thing is, in the year and a half I’ve been on the server, I’ve had to refuel so seldom that the script basically had to hand-hold me through how to do it. Seriously, maybe four times total across all characters. Only once was I actually low enough on gas to take notice. The others were more “well surely she’d have had to gas up by now…” (incidentally, never refueled a single time the entire time LC was open). Clearly *something* had to change. I’m very curious to know why the choice was made to dramatically reduce tank capacity rather than simply bump up the rate of consumption? I get that with a map this size we’re not racking up the miles, particularly when compared to size of the area’s IRL counterpart, (the map posted above, for instance, would emphatically not be a 5-6 mile drive IRL) but many people spend a large portion of their IC lives driving, and while yes, this should mean they have to refuel more often, it shouldn’t be daily. I know very busy Doordash drivers who only gas up once or twice a week, and honestly? I wouldn’t buy a car with a 2.6 gallon tank. I doubt I could even find one. Even my electric hybrid has a 10 gallon tank.

Incidentally, I’ve never seen a full service gas station in-game, ever. If there’s anyone working at the 24/7 they’re usually behind the counter or outside smoking, never seen one pumping gas. Maybe with more frequent refueling needs this will change? Idk. Any chance people could install increased tank capacity at the mechanic?

• Upvote 1

It's good but like what was said before why decrease tank capacity instead of increasing consumption? But anyway taxi vehicles need a different nerf, maybe 50% what every other car got. The entire job is driving, when you're waiting for fares you're either driving around killing time or on the side of road tabbed out, I'd rather people be driving around and at least add to the atmosphere.

Edited by AnthonyCourtney
43 minutes ago, AnthonyCourtney said:

It's good but like what was said before why decrease tank capacity instead of increasing consumption? But anyway taxi vehicles need a different nerf, maybe 50% what every other car got. The entire job is driving, when you're waiting for fares you're either driving around killing time or on the side of road tabbed out, I'd rather people be driving around and at least add to the atmosphere.

because to increase consumption I have to change 100 variables but for tank capacity its like 20

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, AnthonyCourtney said:

That's the thing though. Taxis (as of right now) have nearly 3 times the fuel capacity of a police vehicle. Why? If you are going to nerf Police vehicles and other vehicles down to 10L tanks, then it should apply to all vehicles. I'd argue that a cop drives around more than a taxi driver!