Join Existing Factions

Ted

46 minutes ago, springie said:

I think the problem also lays with the leaders of the faction and the server as well. They must be doing something wrong to make it so people would rather make their own factions than join theirs. 

Edited: Grammar. 

I disagree. Most newcomers never even try existing factions. They just join the server and want to do their own thing. 

1 hour ago, springie said:

I think the problem also lays with the leaders of the faction and the server as well. They must be doing something wrong to make it so people would rather make their own factions than join theirs. 

Edited: Grammar. 

I don’t think that’s an issue. From my experience on a few servers the issue is that to rise up in the better factions it takes work and good initiative, people aren’t willing to put that in a lot if the time. They want to be a captain, boss etc. Straight away. People forget that a lot of criminal orgs are pyramid schemes and that you gotta start at the bottom.

Edited by Lemonade319
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm going to give my point of view on this topic, from personal experience, but so far I have to agree with most of what have been said.

From my experience, I'll talk about MC RP.
It's a pretty niche type of RP, not many people are (or were) interested in it but I'm glad to see how there's a few MCs populating the server and keeping it alive. As for people wanting to RP a biker? My best tip is to join one of the existing ones. When I started RPing a biker I had just enough knowledge about it to carry on. By hanging out with a MC IC, I've learnt a lot about MC culture, protocol and etiquette (And still to this day, I keep learning new things about it).

It really is a culture on it's own and an entire different world from what it seems to be, and if roleplayed and portrayed properly, a lot of politics and protocols come into play and are to be followed. That brings a lot of good RP not only between MCs, but with other factions and players as well. 
I won't forget to mention, the process of hanging around, prospecting and becoming a patch member is, and was, one of the best RP experiences I've ever had, it was a complete journey that changed my character a lot and it was incredibly fun. Earning the patch was actually something meaningful when I reached that point, not only because of the RP surrounding it, but because of the character development, the learning experience, the general improvement in RP, so on, so on.

If you are really interested in starting a MC, I'd highly suggest joining one of the multiple MCs that populate the server, learn the ropes, research, see how MCs work and how to portray them and then, when you feel confident enough, try and start your own. It'd be much easier, and much more fun.

On 6/19/2020 at 3:49 PM, Lemonade319 said:

I don’t think that’s an issue. From my experience on a few servers the issue is that to rise up in the better factions it takes work and good initiative, people aren’t willing to put that in a lot if the time. They want to be a captain, boss etc. Straight away. People forget that a lot of criminal orgs are pyramid schemes and that you gotta start at the bottom.

You should be able to start a crew with your friends however you please, but it makes more sense operating that crew under a larger gang. You get to be the boss of your own crew you just answer to a larger gang. Do you petty crew stuff, and hussel for the gang. That’s usually how it goes realistically anyway. A lot of these gangs operate more like a mafia with a single huge crew. In reality it’s usually a collection of crews operating together under a flag but separate from each other in terms of personal space.

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

You should be able to start a crew with your friends however you please, but it makes more sense operating that crew under a larger gang. You get to be the boss of your own crew you just answer to a larger gang. Do you petty crew stuff, and hussel for the gang. That’s usually how it goes realistically anyway. A lot of these gangs operate more like a mafia with a single huge crew. In reality it’s usually a collection of crews operating together under a flag but separate from each other in terms of personal space.

Exactly that mate. Instead of making a faction with your friends just operate on your own with the intention of getting noticed by a faction of your choice. Why start another LCN faction for example when you could just make a smaller scale crew of Italians without a thread trying to get in good with a soldier or another member of an already existing faction.

i can almost be 100% sure that any faction worth its salt will not turn down a small crew of guys wanting to get in with them (unless they are shown to have lack lustre RP) No organised criminal faction is going to turn down a decent crew of guys willing to do work for them.

• Upvote 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I mainly do black gang roleplay and it's fair to say that after what happened with a former member of the community. I will be rejected from joining through OOC means that may or may not be taken into character. Some factions that are out right now simply do not fit my vision of what I want to roleplay, so therefore, I tend to try and create something of my own with players in the community. 

4 minutes ago, Uno said:

Some factions that are out right now simply do not fit my vision of what I want to roleplay, so therefore, I tend to try and create something of my own with players in the community. 

I feel like that's the issue. If a faction doesn't fit your vision, join it anyway and try to make changes from the inside out. Help them expand their roleplay, don't just jump in and make your own faction.

Just now, Fergie said:

I feel like that's the issue. If a faction doesn't fit your vision, join it anyway and try to make changes from the inside out. Help them expand their roleplay, don't just jump in and make your own faction.

It's not an issue if I've done it before. Usually what I try to do to avoid looking like an outlier, is start off with a community-like character that interacts with that current faction. I develop my character's mentality based off of my interactions with that faction to try and create a path for my character to go down during the making of my own faction. I feel as if when it comes to street gang roleplay, if you want to start your own faction/gang, it should be from starting from scratch i.e. community roleplay. 

I get what you're saying, but I'm not going to join any faction I don't feel I need to be apart of.

Speaking of motorcycle club role-play, I'd love to see two large clubs around and one or two small ones depending on their size. I always thought it'd be amazing to have different charters within the state of San Andreas. One in LS, another in the county and so on. I'm deviating a little off topic but the concept of a faction could be a little more fluid. For example the Mongols have some deep roots in latino culture. It'd be amazing to have a tighter relationship with local hispanic gangs and such. It paves the way to a proper community where your actions can have consequences, (ex. the club brings too much heat to their area of operation where most of this community resides which could trigger conflict inside said community)

I think the aggressiveness towards potential members can drive people away to make their own factions too. Again, speaking of MC role-play, there are some factions/individuals stuck in 2012 MC role-play where they treat prospects like animals. At the end of the day it's a game, members of a faction should facilitate role-play for people to engage in.