The most overlooked type of roleplay?

np

Armenian RP.

But in all seriousness, Good personal character development RP and the factions that encourage it are seriously overlooked. I've been hearing about @The Dirty Duke's character for months now and finally met him the other night. I've been hearing about his character IN CHARACTER because hes developed a name for himself outside his own faction through good personal development.

I've seen a lot of characters who will have outstanding development internally but when interacting with outsiders or other factions they act like a crime doing robot with little to no personality or free will. That's how you get lumped together as those dudes or that guy.

Humans are social by nature, you should try to be social with some of the people who your faction does business with, even if your not the leader.

Edited by Henning
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
14 hours ago, Mattkov said:

A proper civilian that isn't a businessman/legal faction. Someone that isn't a super human, and someone that is actually scared of being robbed/assaulted and that just curls up in a ball when confronted.

i think some players do that sporadically, i certainly did to an extent. but overall i think a great majority of players don't see themselves as fluff/sideline characters to the storyline of other characters.

Community activist roleplay, especially in areas like South Central. While I understand a good majority of it has to do with a lack of an active city council. I genuinely wish we had people who could be seen as established community leaders. You know, maybe a well known community leader helps establish that a character with criminal ties gives back a lot to his community and helps proliferate an image for that person and helps establish credibility outside of the hum drum of, he owns a business in the area. 

More locals would also be nice instead of people coming from X European country and not actually understanding how the US immigration process works. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Law said:

Characters with flaws such as anxiety or lack of social skills, technically a character  that’s created to lose.

Now that you mention this, it makes me wonder why things like boxers or BMXer's aren't roleplayed more. I feel like that combined with this type of socially anxious personality could make for a fantastic character story.

13 minutes ago, Jedai said:

Community activist roleplay, especially in areas like South Central.

Agreed. I'd love to see a protest movement faction or something appear. But, we'd need an active political roleplay scene (which can totally happen since there's like 400 players on everyday now!) and an actual incentive to create this type of roleplay, like actual changes to paychecks due to political decisions from characters and such.

8 hours ago, DexxterZ said:

the indians at 24/7 are an example of using places overlook by people

Gas station attendees are a common thing on the server.

10 hours ago, Henning said:

I've seen a lot of characters who will have outstanding development internally but when interacting with outsiders or other factions they act like a crime doing robot with little to no personality or free will. That's how you get lumped together as those dudes or that guy.

Humans are social by nature, you should try to be social with some of the people who your faction does business with, even if your not the leader.

Unfortunately this happens mostly because people aren't really informed of what the boundaries are for where you can go in-character in certain factions, so people sometimes feel restricted to just doing gang-shootouts when outside of their neighborhood. People, regardless of their faction, should be able to go wherever they please as long as it suits their character development. I agree though, people should step outside of their comfort zone more and start interacting with neighboring factions and/or people in entirely different places altogether.

Mugging scenes in which both participants can have fun is so strange to be overlooked as frequently as it is. Too often it is at best a one-sided OOC money grind in which the victim party is given as little say in the scene as possible, often enforced further with the threat of script-weapons to ensure OOC cooperation.

Which is a shame, as I am totally fine with handing over my possessions and giving muggers an easy win. It just sucks that no OOC courtesy is offered in return :c

Another often overlooked type of roleplay can be recovery roleplay. Spending time anchored to the hospital would be absolutely fantastic if more spent time roleplaying recovery at the hospital :V

A person (or people) being server-side famous for being professional fishermen? Maybe even tournaments among RP Professionals??
Would be cheesy but you never see it!

Edited by Bash
Corrected some grammar.