Server time rolled back 1 hour

zaXer.

Just now, zaXer. said:

Sorry?

It gets fully dark by 20:55 in Los Angeles, where twilight comes at about 19:30.

Right now it's sunny for European players the whole time. I wake up, it's sunny, I go to sleep, it's sunny again. 10pm is way too late for European players as the only way to get some night time is to stay up horribly late. 9PM was already bad enough and 10pm is just horrible 

You could have the opposite problem. It gets dark at 2pm for me and the sun comes back up at around 2am

To be honest, we have loads of people who play on the server, in all kinds of timezone across the globe, including lots of Euopean and American players, but also players from Asia & Australia, where the timezone IG is totally out of sync with theirs.

It's impossible to have a perfect time, having said that I don't think the change by 1 hour (essentially not moving forward with daylights saving) is a big deal. 

It should be 2 hours forward, better.

13 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Sorry?

It gets fully dark by 20:55 in Los Angeles, where twilight comes at about 19:30.

Right now it's sunny for European players the whole time. I wake up, it's sunny, I go to sleep, it's sunny again. 10pm is way too late for European players as the only way to get some night time is to stay up horribly late. 9PM was already bad enough and 10pm is just horrible 

I agree with this.

Edited by Zayyy
7 minutes ago, zaXer. said:

Sorry?

It depends where you are from in Europe. I am from Portugal and 10pm is not late for me. The same goes for the British. This change affects mostly Central and Eastern European players, as well as Asian. A middle ground is required and I think the current one is fair for most sides. Keep in mind you will never be able to fully please everyone on this matter, as the time zone differences are simply way too big.

2 hours ago, St3fan[NL] said:

Server time changed when we moved to Linux.

We decided to leave it this way, its one hour difference from the old time and it is beneficial for American players. 

"The night now comes at 10PM, which is ridiculous." ???? Night comes, when night comes in game.

I wish it was UTC+1 again, not getting used to a new time.. makes it even harder. What do I mean, Corona Lock down won't last forever, we won't sit at home forever either, at some point we all will go to work, school and what not. The end result I get back home around 8-ish PM which will be 5pm server, and since I gotta work next day I won't be able to actually participate in some events that usually happen around 10pm server time.. since it will be 1am for me so on.

More over in this country I am in,. Sunday is work day (fucking reversed unlike rest of world), and Friday is off day for me (used to be until Corona hit). So I just wish it was UTC+1.

I understand that it's not fair for the US timezone but this is mainly EU server from what I know. Having +1 was good.

Edited by Vash Baldeus
  • Developer
4 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I wish it was UTC+1 again, not getting used to a new time.. makes it even harder. What do I mean, Corona Lock down won't last forever, we won't sit at home forever either, at some point we all will go to work, school and what not. The end result I get back home around 8-ish PM which will be 5pm server, and since I gotta work next day I won't be able to actually participate in some events that usually happen around 10pm server time.. since it will be 1am for me so on.

More over in this country I am in,. Sunday is work day (fucking reversed unlike rest of world), and Friday is off day for me (used to be until Corona hit). So I just wish it was UTC+1.

I understand that it's not fair for the US timezone but this is mainly EU server from what I know. Having +1 was good.

Has it come to your mind, that people who opened these businesses also have gone back -1h? Most likely events will happen one hour earlier too.

It's just one hour, I'd barely noticed the difference of getting more daylight as a US player.

Would love to keep it, but it's making everyone confused and has thrown off plenty of IG plans already when things are set for midnight, and advertised for midnight, but really it's 11pm server time, and no one knows which one they meant.

Edited by Havana
  • Upvote 1