How to enjoy GTA world?

Curty

• 1 month later...

Join a faction. 

The two times I actively played on this server, I enjoyed myself by making/joining a faction. I always found roleplay. The faction I currently roleplay with has branched out and they roleplay with a lot of people on the server, so I'm not roleplaying with the same people over and over again. 

Honestly, like half the thread says: Find RP that you enjoy doing. Find that RP style, whether it's a criminal, cop, EMT, bartender, etc and stick at it, doing a bit of grinding in-between when activity is low/dead.

Generally for me, that means if my IC friends are offline, I either do some grindy script jobs or make IC friends. I recommend the latter option (making IC friends).

Also, try to make your emotes as realistic as possible as well, instead of simple "/me does X" do instead, "/me extends his/her arm, as (s)he does X". This last one seems like a small thing, but for me it actually makes roleplay in general more enjoyable.

I've only been here around a 1 week, and I've already got my own character house (that my character owns, not rents) due to making the connections at server high spots.

tl;dr don't be afraid to make IC friends, it'll make your OOC and IC lives easier!

Edited by Seanny
typo

I role-play in Vespucci, generally the people around there are friendly... I've tried other areas and you either get G-Checked or some other shit happens lol I love the Vespucci area so even role-playing around there is fine when the people I normally interact with aren't online. 

On 7/26/2020 at 11:10 PM, eTaylor said:

Definitely ERP

On 9/18/2020 at 7:35 PM, borhoi said:

just go to bars and emote drinking and do criminal stuff and race cars lol

these two and i also add feel yourself as a character developer of a videogame, develop a character you'd like to see interacting with these scenes rather than following your real behavior

crime rp and police rp is what brings sense to this game btw

6 hours ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Do not take it serious because you will be disappointed. That's my best advice I can give to you so your roleplay experience is mostly positive and fun, instead of off-putting.

That seems grim. ? As someone taking it seriously and enjoying it — do take it seriously all the way.

As for Daquan, I hope you find interesting experiences that will change your mind. ?