How do you roleplay a fake identity/ID/name without name changing?

gelotinx2

Just now, eTaylor said:

No. It's not difficult at all to produce a fake ID, lol. They don't recreate brand new fake ID's, that something you see in the movies. It's not rocket science to work the credentials and picture on a stolen ID to say something else in a convincing enough way. It all depends what you're using the fake ID for. 

Don't more and more places have scanners that tie in with the security measures to read stuff or am I just talking out of my ass?

Just now, Westen said:

Don't more and more places have scanners that tie in with the security measures to read stuff or am I just talking out of my ass?

Depends on what kind of scanner they're using, they're not cheap and neither is the software and service required to run them. Most of the time all they do is verify whether a person is above the age of 21 according to their ID. The rest you're talking about is simple image authentication, something you can very easily circumvent if you're somewhat competent. You're not using fake ID cards, you're using real ID cards you're just altering the visual information on the card. The reason it's difficult to use a fake ID with police is because unlike other entities the police have access to databases and government information.

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

No. It's not difficult at all to produce a fake ID, lol. They don't recreate brand new fake ID's, that something you see in the movies. It's not rocket science to work the credentials and picture on a stolen ID to say something else in a convincing enough way. It all depends what you're using the fake ID for. 

95% of fake ID's are used by college students to get into bars when they are underage. However, stolen ID's aren't a big market anymore. Especially when you can use a service like ID god and have a fake that could truck a cop at quick glance without having to use a stolen ID.

The following is a video showcasing ID God which is THE service used by college students in the US, I do not condone or promote the use of this service, I am simply providing examples:

most clubs (not bars) have scanners (or a hand-held device that scans a piece of identification and keeps a log of it on their database) and that's pretty much it. there's no super high-tec system that gives a big red ''fake, fake, fake!'' when they scan it, they essentially take your details and keep it there if something happens. 

high-profile clubs can and will scan your identification to keep you logged, but there has never been in my time of clubbing an instance of someone being caught with a fake id via one of these scanners, because the system isn't designed for that — it's designed as a database. 

fake ids are very easy to get and very use to use for anything in person (as most people just want to see it, for the sake of clarity and legality), but the internet is different and you'd be almost instantly caught out if you ever needed to send that ID in for verification (because they use a scanner and background check it due to fraud).

edit: just role play changing the name, date of birth and the picture and if you ever get asked for it then just give it to them, they'll look at it, look at you and give it back.

Edited by jop
1 minute ago, jop said:

fake ids are very easy to get and very use to use for anything in person (as most people just want to see it, for the sake of clarity and legality)

This basically. It's anecdotal but everyone I've ever known that had a fake ID just filed for a new ID card, and paid $50 to change the DOB on the old card. 

4 hours ago, Henning said:

You’d be surprised. $70 USD can get you a fully functioning fake. Unless your being ID’d by the police, Your not getting caught. Hell even if someone at a bar was to scan your ID (which is becoming common at some bars) the barcodes have been made in a way that returns a false positive when scanned for authenticity.

idk about america but in UK most bouncers will notice a fake ID straight away.

but my chars got a fake id anyway ill let u know what happens

Edited by aldo
18 minutes ago, aldo said:

idk about america but in UK most bouncers will notice a fake ID straight away.

but my chars got a fake id anyway ill let u know what happens

I mean I have friends who before we were of age had practically authentic Fake ID’s. Really the only way you could test their authenticity is by having PD actually run the info.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Henning said:

You’d be surprised. $70 USD can get you a fully functioning fake. Unless your being ID’d by the police, Your not getting caught. Hell even if someone at a bar was to scan your ID (which is becoming common at some bars) the barcodes have been made in a way that returns a false positive when scanned for authenticity.

If we're talking about the United States, you can get great ones that work at $35 a pop wholesale. 

For drinking, fake IDs are dumb cheap, for fraud, they're still relatively cheap at only $125-$200ish. I feel like maybe there should be a way to set up a fake ID operation scriptwise, that way not everyone is a vendor, although I don't know how you'd be able to distinguish between the two without being unfair.