What do you want to see more of from FD?

JayO

15 minutes ago, Humour said:

It's wrong of you to assume that the Fire Department runs a hospital, which they do not. Hospitals are usually private entities that have nothing to do with the government.

And Ambulance services? Not an american so I don't know all the details. 

In the end I thought the medical treatment aspect was under the FD and that I sadly haven't experienced until today. 

Just now, Coni said:

And Ambulance services? Not an american so I don't know all the details. 

In the end I thought the medical treatment aspect was under the FD and that I sadly haven't experienced until today. 

In the majority of the United States there are private ambulance services albeit most ambulances are ran by the local fire department, opposed to how it’s run in Germany and here in The Netherlands where ambulance services are their own entity. 

2 hours ago, Mitch said:

Can't most of these be covered in the FD's internal suggestions and or be handled with Faction Management? 

This is more about you as the community rather than internal suggestions. We have our ideas but I want to gauge what the community wants from us, what they want to see more of. 

You are correct that we have your internal suggestion forum but it would be nice to get an outsiders aspect, hence this post. 

IRL the Fire Departments are always reaching out to the local communities doing different things. So that's why I'm reaching out to the community, to get your aspect and ideas on what we can do more to have more presence and interaction with you all.

Moooore beach parties!!!

On a serious note, I think some more community events would be cool.  Blood drives, career fairs, public demonstrations (like mock rescues/drills), and of course, did I mention beach parties?  Maybe public classes for simple first aid basics.  Things that focus more on the RP and interaction between the FD and the citizens of Los Santos. 

• Upvote 2

Just a small thing not sure if it can be added but here in California the fire departments control the big firework shows. Maybe give FD access to fireworks and the firework launcher so they can create firework shows through out the map. Again I don't even know if we can add these things just a thought.

Spoiler

EDIT: Thinking about it more (If these can be added) give all players access (Or put them in a donator package) to fireworks excluding the firework launcher. You could make laws to which ones are legal and ones you can get fined for. This could be one of the many things a fire Marshall can fine people for. I'm referring to the post where they'd like to see fire marshals have some type of authority over average citizens.

Edited by Camacho
Added video

More publicity. Events by the FD? Create live scenarios so people can understand what happens in such situations like accidents, drunk driving awareness. Ecetra. I understand this is mostly an IC issue but it's worth mentioning. The way I see it, the FD is only seen as a department that just handles medical and fucks right off once the person wants to be NPC'd at a hospital. Make the department known for what you do and try to interact more with the community instead of being another "job".

PD interacts with people everyday. We don't have to arrest/shoot every person we interact with.

FD interacts with people when they are injured. Make it so FD interacts with the public as a safe haven just like every Fire House is.

Not sure if this made sense, It's 11:34 PM.

1 hour ago, Frezemis said:

More publicity. Events by the FD? Create live scenarios so people can understand what happens in such situations like accidents, drunk driving awareness. Ecetra. I understand this is mostly an IC issue but it's worth mentioning. The way I see it, the FD is only seen as a department that just handles medical and fucks right off once the person wants to be NPC'd at a hospital. Make the department known for what you do and try to interact more with the community instead of being another "job".

PD interacts with people everyday. We don't have to arrest/shoot every person we interact with.

FD interacts with people when they are injured. Make it so FD interacts with the public as a safe haven just like every Fire House is.

Not sure if this made sense, It's 11:34 PM.

I am currently organizing a large scale drill over the next few weeks in Mirror Park. 

1. It's a VERY public place for everyone to see how we handle this certain scenario.

2. Mirror Park is one of the places that is highly under threat.

I won't give too much detail but it's gonna be BIG and extremely fun. 

We've had some RP at the firehouse with random people passing by every now and again. This "safe haven" you mentioned sounds like a great idea though the next question is, how do we go about making it such? Everyone knows the fire station is there and with our new interior it would be awesome to see members of the public actually come in and talk to us (plus we have a pool table now). 

1 hour ago, Henning said:

God damn fire marshals! Fire marshals be inspecting businesses making sure they are up to code and give them a capacity. Enforcement of that capacity with random inspections and shut things down if they don't stay up to code. 

I completely agree with this. We have a Fire Marshal division with absolutely no power at all. The sad thing is, majority of the businesses owners turn extremely hostile when they are approached by one. 

Approaching business owners is getting tiring to be met with the whole "I'm not doing shit, get outta here *insert pointless threat here*. 

The point is, Businesses don't even open to the public in the first place without a Fire Safety Certificate IRL, so why not implement that in game? Fire Marshals also have the power to shut businesses down that fail to keep up to standard but IG it's a fine from PD. Give Fire Marshals more power in that sense.

9 hours ago, Frezemis said:

The way I see it, the FD is only seen as a department that just handles medical and fucks right off once the person wants to be NPC'd at a hospital.

Just want to add - it doesn't seem like you currently CAN get proper roleplay at a hospital. We only portray the first response on our server and there is nobody actually being employed to run / work in a hospital.

I know hospitals are usually privatized in the US but I think we would all benefit from a Doctor-Rank implemented among the FD. Allows for better Payment and allows for more sophisticated treatment roleplay.