GTA World Chat Log Assistant Explained
Thanks to @Maple, extracting our chatlogs, despite it not being presently supported by RageMP, is possible. Some might find the application he made complicated to use, but fear none, I’ll explain how to download and use all features of it below. You can also check out the feature showcase section for more in-depth information.
Follow the steps below to get the application:
1. Download it from Maple’s github: https://github.com/MapleToo/GTAW-Log-Parser/releases
2. Select ’’GTAWAssistant.exe” as seen below on the picture and it’ll start downloading.
3. In order to verify the hash and ensure that Maple isn't trying to hack into your computer, open your command prompt and use the following command after navigating to the installation folder with the appropriate cmd prompt commands:
certutil -hashfile <file> sha256
4. Run the .exe and you should see this:
5. Click on ’’BROWSE” and navigate to your RageMP directory. It’s essential, because that’s how the application can access your chatlog.
That’s about downloading and launching it for the first time. I highly recommend that you add ths application to the other apps launching along with Windows (or Linux/MacOS/whatever), such as for example steam, so you don’t have to to open it every time you want to go in-game It’s not a resource hungry thing, it barely eats any ram (if any at all).
There’s several dropdown menus you can pick from:
1. Check For Updates — You can check whether there’s an update available on Github for the parser. Please do note that the user is responsible for downloading any updates, the application itself isn’t designed to do any sort of auto-updating.
2. Automatic Backup Settings — There’s many other settings you can modify here, mostly to your personal preference. Every option is pretty self-explanatory. See my settings below:
3. Filter Chat Log — This is where you can filter your chatlog itself. You can remove advertisements, OOC chat, emotes and whatnot all to your preference. You can even load old saved chatlogs and filter those, to your personal needs.
4. About — This is where you can check which version you’re running currently and some other technical data.
The page in the middle can be used to quickly parse your current session’s chatlog, save it or copy it to your clipboard as seen down below:
In the bottom left corner, you can tick and untick two options, again: based on your personal preference:
I like timestamps, so I unticked the ’’Remove timestamps” option, but ticked the other one so I’m aware of any possible cool updates.
In the right top corner, there's a few more options available. By clicking the gear icon, you can access the following page:
Yet again, use your personal preference and play around with these to customize the parser the best you can!
Parser Mini is basically the minimalist version of GTA World Chat Log Assistant. You can parse, save and copy your current session’s chatlog, nothing less and nothing more. It’s intended to be easy to use and not so advanced.
In order to download and use, visit Maple’s github, and download ’’ParserMini.exe”, then simply launch it and navigate to your RageMP folder.
That's about it. Have fun!