Signal Jammers and what their Balance will look like

TeeHazmat

I know it's too early to speak about this, but from the information we have at hand. This jammer is going to be the most powerful tool criminals will possibly have and may also be a common but valuable tool in their arsenal.

Receiving alarm immunity for 10 minutes is way too much in any case and I'm concerned as to what this means to the alarm system. I don't want to make a full on suggestion for a feature that's not implemented yet but I really hope this goes down to RNG as to how long it will be active for (maybe 4-8 minutes?) and has a cooldown of 20-30 minutes after being used otherwise it renders the whole property alarm and Vehicle alarm upgrades pretty useless since you won't be able to act on these.

Side note:
Script break in on properties are literally done in seconds and leaves a horrid /cim at your door saying that everything is gone in your house when police and security arrived within a minute of your house alarm being triggered, I hope people see where I'm going at from here.

• Upvote 9

Nervous has already addressed the balancing issue in the dev blog thread. They’re going to be quite expensive to make in terms of cash and parts needed from cars, I think he mentioned they’d cost around $50,000 a pop. I don’t see them being a regular thing for every single breakin and even car breakins at all. That’s a lot of money and people should and will be more inclined to use it for planned heists or breakins on specific targets, not your average random breakin.

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, TeeHazmat said:

I know it's too early to speak about this, but from the information we have at hand. This jammer is going to be the most powerful tool criminals will possibly have and may also be a common but valuable tool in their arsenal.

Receiving alarm immunity for 10 minutes is way too much in any case and I'm concerned as to what this means to the alarm system. I don't want to make a full on suggestion for a feature that's not implemented yet but I really hope this goes down to RNG as to how long it will be active for (maybe 4-8 minutes?) and has a cooldown of 20-30 minutes after being used otherwise it renders the whole property alarm and Vehicle alarm upgrades pretty useless since you won't be able to act on these.

Side note:
Script break in on properties are literally done in seconds and leaves a horrid /cim at your door saying that everything is gone in your house when police and security arrived within a minute of your house alarm being triggered, I hope people see where I'm going at from here.

Totally agree with this. Also it would be way more realistic if a jammer is not buyable at every supplier. Also it /should/ be nearly impossible to jam the most expensive alarm-systems (ThriftEX) in my opinion. IRL different frequencies are always used by the components of an alarm system today. These are at least two. If one frequency is disturbed, the second frequency will pick it up. So I would suggest balancing it in GTAW so that criminal RP'ers can enjoy the new feature, but that homeowners with good security installed are not too disadvantaged by it.

• Upvote 2

First they made alarms more expensive and now they adding jammer that kills the expensive alarm? Also making the jammer expensive just means they have to "grind" more house robberies to make the device worth it. Whole system is one big merry go round. Next we will be getting jammer for the jammers?

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, MrGoose said:

Also I heard that it's gonna cost $50.000, stated as ''quite expensive''. Bruh.. 50K is not expensive in GTAW, make it at least 100K or (way) more..

50K when you dont have your weekly SD/PD check, your 3 nightly bar man gigs or your /startshift for just existing, combined with the fact that you actually have to spend money on guns & drugs, is a fair bit of money.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic