Is it me or.. the removal of /vpark is a bad idea (at the current state of RageMP, sync wise)

Vash Baldeus

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

My issue is that:

- RageMP is not a reliable client at the moment, hence the sync issues and what not.

- No realistic GPS tracking of your vehicle, you make that you can't despawn the car? Great, realistic sure, but what about adding GPS tracking you can install on your car which is also realistic?!

I already told you once in a reply here that trackign exists, use /vget to locate your car....

59 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

My issue is that:

- RageMP is not a reliable client at the moment, hence the sync issues and what not.

- No realistic GPS tracking of your vehicle, you make that you can't despawn the car? Great, realistic sure, but what about adding GPS tracking you can install on your car which is also realistic?!

That's exactly what I had in my mind... totally agree with you

RAGEMP syncs well 'in most cases' as in most of the time parking your car in one place will leave it there and when you come back it will be right where it was left, the problem has been what people try to call 'desync' aka they crash their car because they cannot drive and rather than wear it they simply /vpark and /vget and continue driving, most of the time when you leave a building to find your car in the middle of the road this is the cause, removing /vpark is a step in the right direction, I think some pricing definitely needs to be changed on the server if this is going to be a thing but ultimately its a good thing as it prevents people from creating void stash cars and on the chance they do go and destroy all their panels and engines they have to go to a mechanic and get it repaired. As for what was stated earlier with entering an interior to repair the vehicle, as far as I know this will repair the panels but not the engine.

On the subject of the GPS tracking, RP installing a GPS tracker or the in game GPS into your car and use /vget as a GPS tracker for your car.

As far as I know this is simply a test of the system too.

Edited by Adrian Price

While I think that this is a great idea, I think now is not the correct time to execute it. As stated Rage still has it's flaws. Windows break, doors fall off, and sometimes cars spawn in either without their modifications, or they spawn in as an entirely different vehicle. If rage were to fix the sync issues it currently faces I'd be all for it, but now is not the ideal time as there's too many problems occurring that should not have to be dealt with IC like "why did my window randomly shatter" and "why did my sandking spawn as an asterope".

No offense but you guys are just not used to this feature, because honestly this is one of the first servers that implement this.
Stash cars are no longer existent because of this update, which is what makes people mad
You dont look into how much roleplay possibilities this update brings in.

Fixing your car is as easy as it was before. I really dont see what points you guys have with this.

4 hours ago, zaXer. said:

You guys can all stop crying about it. n.

Just because somebody's opinion does not line up with yours, does not make it right for you to have this kind of attitude.  Please take a step back and review your personal respect for other people opinions before commenting.